A2P's or Slash Set ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A2P's or Slash Set ???

No experience with either in the Bridge position, but I have a Slash pickup in the neck of my Epi LP. Was looking for either the Slash or A2Pn and found a good deal for the Slash used on Reverb. I love the lead tone with this pickup. Definitely nails the Sweet Child lead tone through my dsl, but works well across the board for me for metal, rock, and blues.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
      I like PG's more than A2P's...

So I don't get it. Why change those PG's? 9K PGb is kinda the whole point of the Slash sig A2P, no? I know I know the DC is not the end of the story, but 9K PGb maaan! That must be a good pickup!

B
      Not changing the PG's - whole other guitar.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

FYI - If I REALLY want to do Sweet child my 1979 #1 LP with a neck T-Top is the $h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Not changing the PG's - whole other guitar.
          Cool!

Didn't get it at first, sorry.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
            I know I know the DC is not the end of the story, but 9K PGb maaan! That must be a good pickup!
            Wound it myself at the Duncan Factory.
            Friends dog stole it and nearly ran off into California hills....great story. Have to tell you about sometime.

Comment

I've had both sets (more than once!) I prefer the Slash bridge and the regular A2P neck for my needs.......YMMV.
              Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
              "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

Working...
              X