• Fender Colors!

Pretty cool, huh?
    Attached Files
    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Re: Fender Colors!

Excellent!!!

Comment

Well, Fender's colored finishes all started as DuPont automotive finishes. One of the guys in my car club bought his '61 Studebaker Hawk new when he graduated high school. It's still the stock color. Studebaker called it Flamingo Coral. It's actually Fender's Fiesta Red.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
        Well, Fender's colored finishes all started as DuPont automotive finishes. One of the guys in my car club bought his '61 Studebaker Hawk new when he graduated high school. It's still the stock color. Studebaker called it Flamingo Coral. It's actually Fender's Fiesta Red.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gTj9GBZQUZM/maxresdefault.jpg
        Yes back when auto paints were gorgeous and didn't look like plastic nail polish, but would destroy your nervous system

Comment

Yes back when auto paints were gorgeous and didn't look like plastic nail polish, but would destroy your nervous system
          If you didn't drink it, and wore the proper mask while spraying - it was fine. I mean.... I still use it after 40 years.

Comment

Always loved that about the old Fenders.

Comment

I wish they would be as groundbreaking today with color as they were back then. Gibson was so stuffy with their designs, and Fender came along and captured the imagination of young musicians then. We need another revolution in color today.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Don't forget that in all the craze about "nitro" these days, it is actually the incorrect material for a lot of Fender finishes. Fender metallics (including the base coats for Candy Apple Red) and Oly White were acrylic lacquers with nitro clear coats. Fender non-metallics, and Sherwood Green, were nitro all the way through.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

There is no difference in the way acrylic or nitro lacquers are applied, or how they look when they dry. They act the same in each case. They just aren't chemically identical. You can interchange them, basically. I've shot both, but I haven't shot real nitrocellulose since the 80's.

Comment

We need another revolution in color today.
                    Well, what are you looking for that you can't find today?

Comment

There is no difference in the way acrylic or nitro lacquers are applied, or how they look when they dry. They act the same in each case. They just aren't chemically identical. You can interchange them, basically. I've shot both, but I haven't shot real nitrocellulose since the 80's.
                      Agree -you can interchange them and in my experience you can layer them. I've use ReRanch rattle can nitro and topped it with acrylic clear lacquer from HD with no difference in application technique or bonding / compatibility issues

Comment

Well, what are you looking for that you can't find today?
                        Haven't seen too much in black orchid of late.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                          Pearlescent lavender.
                          What now?

First is a MIM Classic 60’s series, the second is squier!
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Satin gecko tangerine burst

Comment

Originally posted by TMD
                              I think it does without saying that my pearlescent lavender needs to be satin.
                              In all seriousness, I would covet a satin lacquer LPB, shell pink or fiesta red LPjr if there was such a thing

Comment

Working...
                              X