Fender Custom build guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Custom build guitars?

I've tried to navigate the Fender site about having them build me a custom guitar- but couldn't figure it out.
    I don't even know if they do it.

What I want is essentially, the Jeff Beck Strat (current model with thin C shape neck) but with an H/S/H pickguard configuration (I was thinking Pearly Gates bridge and neck with Cool Rail in the middle).
    Also, I have some other minor wiring requirements that aren't that exotic.
    I could care less about the neck stock having the JB signature on it- I just want the same C shape neck with the LSR nut, medium jumbo frets and the locking tuners.(but the locking tuners wouldn't be a deal breaker)- and I want the 2 point trem system.
    Should I attempt to have Fender build me this guitar, or is there already an H/S/H/ model with a 2 point trem, LSR nut and C shape neck already in production? (I couldn't find one)

Perhaps there is a production model that I could just spend a little extra and replace the pickups to me desire?

I am at a little loss for what direction to take.
    I also considered a Warmoth build, but it seemed way to complicated. I'd like to receive the guitar ready to plug and play.
    I'd even consider a Squier, but I don't believe they make any Strats with the LSR nut.

Does anyone have a good idea on how I should proceed to end up with a guitar with the specs I want?

Thank you,
    Kurt in Maine

Re: Fender Custom build guitars?

Just change the pickups on a Jeff Beck.
    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
      Just change the pickups on a Jeff Beck.
      Yeah- was thinking of that- maybe going with moderate output single size humbuckers, like Little 59 bridge and 2 Cool Rails. . .
      I just like three pickup configuration (with the 2 notch positions) but with med output 'bucker tones.

Comment

Originally posted by Pep2019 View Post
        Yeah- was thinking of that- maybe going with moderate output single size humbuckers, like Little 59 bridge and 2 Cool Rails. . .
        I just like three pickup configuration (with the 2 notch positions) but with med output 'bucker tones.
        It's routed for H/S/H so you only need to change pickguard and drop in the pickups you want.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

Originally posted by Jacew View Post
          It's routed for H/S/H so you only need to change pickguard and drop in the pickups you want.
          That's a happy surprise!
          Still it seems Like after the new pickups and pick guard (and wiring) it would end up be $2,000 dollars. That's a little beyond my budget.

Comment

I'm thinking I'd have to try to find a mid-range$ Strat and add the LSR nut and change the pickups. Maybe like an H/S/H Blacktop (MIM) if they still are available. Then I could still be under $1,500 perhaps?

Comment

The Jeff Beck is a slightly modified Strat Plus from the 80’s/90’s. Unfortunately people love them now (no idea why) so prices have skyrocketed. If you can find one you like at a decent price, they are all routed HSH, so drop in the Pickguard of your choice.

The other option is just build it yourself. Get a Jeff Beck neck, MIA 2-post body and the pickguard of your choice.

By the way, the answer to your question is “yes”, they will build that for you. It’ll spec out at about $4,200 I bet.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I don't think Fender's shop will use non-Fender pickups. There are times when you can get the Jeff Beck neck online, and build your own. or attach it to another body...it will be a lot cheaper.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  I don't think Fender's shop will use non-Fender pickups. There are times when you can get the Jeff Beck neck online, and build your own. or attach it to another body...it will be a lot cheaper.
                  They will, look at page 62.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I would make what you want out of Musikraft parts. They have a bajillion neck profiles. One of them has to fit the bill for you.

You do have to send them a special note that you will be installing an LSR nut.

And they have a deal with MJT that gives you a discount on finishing if you have the MK parts shipped straight to MJT for finishing. Get Closet Clean if you don't like relics (as I do not).

It won't be cheap, but if you were going to spend what it takes to custom order from Fender, you can definitely afford to go this route.
                    Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-25-2020, 01:03 PM.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Yogi Berra was correct.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

fender will make you a custom guitar but itll be expensive. better to find a used one that has the features you want and buy a new pickguard and pups

Comment

Originally posted by Pep2019 View Post
                        That's a happy surprise!
                        Still it seems Like after the new pickups and pick guard (and wiring) it would end up be $2,000 dollars. That's a little beyond my budget.
                        as others have noted, if your budget is under $2000, you can forget about the fender custom shop
                        Quality riffs in about a minute...
                        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Partscaster? Lots of options if you're willing to assemble it yourself.

Comment

Always buy used for custom shop. You won't take a hit on the initial value if you resell. I personally wouldn't drop that kind of coin ($3750+) on a bolt-on guitar. There's a 2020 NAMM 60/63 Strat I wish I could buy, but its overpriced by ~$2475 ($4675 w/ 15% off, $5500 retail). I'm sorry, but no.

There are multiple custom shop strats on Reverb going for under $2000. You just have to be patient. Your options will be limited however. I see them go for $1750 most of the time on Craigslist or Reverb. They are mostly Closet Classics or *NOS Thin Skins.

Reverb currently has an used Jeff Beck strat for $1109 plus tax/shipping. Stratosphere also has an Olympic white loaded body/neck if you wish to buy separately.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by YeRedHouseOverYonder; 05-28-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X