MJ's Magic HB Set... what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJ's Magic HB Set... what is it?

I keep seeing sets of "MJ's Magic" on Reverb, also tagged as Skinner Burst. Like here: https://reverb.com/item/33860125-sey...-skinner-burst

the neck has lower output than skinner bursts. magnets are same.
    what's the deal with these? And how do they compare to the Skinner Bursts?

Re: MJ's Magic HB Set... what is it?

MJ Magic is the Skinnerburst
    Queenbucker is the Magellan

Comment

The skinner was limited to 800 sets and is now sold out. If you order it today, you will get 'MJ's Magic'. Thats all!
      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by GrilledChickenSalad View Post
        MJ Magic is the Skinnerburst
        Queenbucker is the Magellan
        What is Magellan?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

another of joes burst

Comment

Man, I can't keep this all straight.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

if you had a $300k guitar, it would probably have a name too

Comment

Well, Joe is great at monetizing his collection. He isn't a guitarist I particularly like, but I have to admire his business acumen.

Comment

i love the fact that he actually uses his great guitars on stage, a 59 lp got its reputation by being played by artists who made great guitar rock music, they shouldnt be stuck in a glass case. not my favorite player either, although hes got chops for sure.

Comment

I agree- many big name collectors over the years kept these instruments at home and didn't use them. Certainly a player like John Entwistle did. Steve Howe was using classic instruments onstage until the early 2000s, then went to replicas. You just don't see it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I agree- many big name collectors over the years kept these instruments at home and didn't use them. Certainly a player like John Entwistle did. Steve Howe was using classic instruments onstage until the early 2000s, then went to replicas. You just don't see it a lot.
                      I think Steve didn't want to hand all his gig money to the insurance company.
                      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                        Well, Joe is great at monetizing his collection. He isn't a guitarist I particularly like, but I have to admire his business acumen.
                        Nailed it. I listened to one of his platters once. A year or two later I listened again because I couldn't remember if I liked it or not.

But...I can an autographed or branded JB anything I do like, even if not his music!
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Well, you can't tour and sell recordings forever, so he is planning for his future by building a brand. I am happy when any guitarist does that.

Comment

yep. met him a few times, he was a dick the first time but we were both young. the subsequent times, he has always been great. hes a guitar nerd like many of us, he just gets to do it with a '59 lp and big amps turned up LOUD and get paid good money for it. i dont begrudge him that but i dont own any of his music either

Comment

His music is pretty much everything I hate about blues guitar, but he is an evangelist about vintage guitars and gear, and it is important for modern fans to be able to hear them in action. For me, however, his tone isn't a good representation of what those things sound like.

Comment

Working...
                              X