Just a "little" overpriced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a "little" overpriced?

I normally don't post things like this or go off the rails about listings but this one just pushes all the wrong buttons. Most likely because I have a ML in Natural from this series.

2018 Dean V 1977 NAMM Reissue limited edition Chicago Standard with hardshell case.Also open to offers and Trades.

There is no way, just no way, that he's going to get $1k for it. Not to mention, he has it listed as a 2018 model. From my research, these were offered in 2013 only. I could be wrong (and somebody chime in to confirm) but I haven't found anything showing them being offered new past then, maybe 2014. The serial number on my ML starts with US13 and I know it's a 2013 model. My wife picked it up used for under $500 in 2017.

These are great guitars, don't get me wrong. I love this series. Seems like folks are trying to elevate prices on certain makes/models. This isn't the first time I've seen this sort of thing but this is definitely the most drastic for a MIK guitar I've come across.

Re: Just a "little" overpriced?

You see this kind of thing all over Reverb, unfortunately. To some people, what they perceive they have and what they actually have are 2 different things. They will figure it out in 4 months when it doesn't sell, though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Maybe there just are a couple misprints...it's an easy mistake to make. Maybe the "8" in 2018 was supposed to be a "3". And maybe the "$1000" was supposed to be "$100".

I'm sure that if someone called him and asked about that, he would admit to the misprints and correct his ad. Because nobody would consciously take advantage of another person. That would be stealing. And we all know that that is wrong.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The new job of music store employees is to constantly search the web for guitars sold 25% or so below market value, build up an inventory of these (if you're CME buy ALL you can) and list at 25-50% above market value. Ever wonder why people are paying good money for Norlin era gibsons?

Comment

At the same time, I've seen other Chicago Series V's, Zee's and ML's go for what you'd expect a MIK guitar from 2013 to go for. A lot more of those than this. I think I saw one burst ML for $600 but that was the top. Everything else was sub $500. I have a search on Reverb for them. I'd love to land a V and Zee that match my ML (brown natural) if I'm able to.

Comment

Originally posted by rainsong86 View Post
            . Ever wonder why people are paying good money for Norlin era gibsons?
            Because some people don't immediately believe internet myth and ignorant posturing...........and actually try out guitars and make up their minds for themselves.
            Its amazing how many times I have read threads of those who try these guitars for the first time - and have suddenly wondered why they hadn't before.

Comment

Dyslexia in the pricing

Comment

Reverb prices are almost always awful. More than half of the listings I've looked at have had prices inflated by at least 50%. EBay has a lot of that too. I just interpret it as people who don't want to sell something but would if they got an outrageous price for it. Or it's an insurance thing.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

I find Reverb not nearly as dumb as eBay can be. There will always be max dollar people. And hey - if not in a hurry, maybe in 3 years someone will bite on that for whatever reason. Can't win if you don't play.

But yeah...699 on its BEST day. And I have to want that guitar in that color to complete my Chicago V collection.

As for Norlin Gibsons: 3 Piece Maple Neck. If you don't get that....oh well. I own 3 of them.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I cannot discuss Deans guitar value, but this one looks good.
                    Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      You see this kind of thing all over Reverb, unfortunately. To some people, what they perceive they have and what they actually have are 2 different things. They will figure it out in 4 months when it doesn't sell, though.
                      I just love that kind of discrepancy. My favorite example of it isn't guitars but cars. People trying to sell a 1985 Nissan hatchback for €5000 because the mileage is low and the owner kept it in storage for most of its life.
                      Last edited by Coma; 06-03-2020, 06:22 AM.
                      --------------------------------------------------------
                      1973 Aria 551
                      1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                      1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                      1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                      1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                      1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                      2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

As for Norlin Gibsons: 3 Piece Maple Neck. If you don't get that....oh well. I own 3 of them.
                        I loved those necks but none of the ones I owned over the years was a great guitar

Comment

It's not a real price, that is why there is a "Make Offer" button. I'm sure the seller will entertain any real offers, or else he wouldn't list with the option. I do the same thing when I sell on Reverb, so no need to get butthurt over a starting price.
                          *******Please check out some of my songs:
                          https://www.soundclick.com/bands3/de...bandid=1430296

Comment

People list high and bargain, or they don't sell. Maybe they don't really want to sell all that badly...but they would, if they got a ridiculously high price.

Not worth getting bothered by. Roll your eyes, and move on. It's not like anyone is being forced to pay a certain amount for it, like prescription drugs, medical care, etc.
                            Originally posted by LesStrat
                            Yogi Berra was correct.
                            Originally posted by JOLLY
                            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X