NBD - German Made Warwick Streamer Standard 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD - German Made Warwick Streamer Standard 5

Recently picked up this bad boy which is my first bass purchase.
    It’s a German Made Warwick Streamer Standard 5 made in November of 2001.

Carolina Pine Body
    Ovangkol Neck
    Wenge Fretboard
    24 Bell Brass Frets
    MEC Passive Vintage Soapbar Humbuckers
    Volume Volume Tone wiring.
    It plays like butter but I’m finding the pickups to be a little weak and want more bite/growl and thump from it.
    Any suggestions for the Electronics?
    Any Questions?, Feel free to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guitars:
    Daemoness Atlantean (unknown Bareknuckles) D
    PRS SE Mark Holcomb (Alpha/Omega set) Drop C
    ESP LTD EC-1000 FR (EMG Het Set) D
    Jackson USA WR1 Absinthe Frost (EMG 81/85) D
    Ibanez MMM1 (Blackouts) Drop A
    Ibanez RGIT20FE-SBF (Loomis Blackout Neck/Mick Thomson Blackout Bridge) Drop C
    Ibanez SZ320 (ibanez/duncan pickups) Drop D
    Schecter Synyster Gates Custom (Invaders set) D
    Aristides 060 (Bareknuckle Aristides Customs) D

Re: NBD - German Made Warwick Streamer Standard 5

great basses! i wish i never sold the thumb 4 i had. mine didnt have the soapbar style pups, j style, but there was plenty of growl with some of the neck pup rolled off, bridge and tone full up

Comment

I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

that site doesnt have any content for me. it loads, i can click on home then bass pickups then j style or p style or soapbar style but those pages are blank for me ???

Comment

Do you want pickups or a preamp? I recently got my first active bass. It has a Delano MM style humbucker, with a 2-band John East preamp.

Don't be afraid to try different strings, too. In my experience, bass strings make a much bigger difference in sound than guitar strings. Before you dig into the electronics, be sure to try out several different types of strings. I'd recommend SIT Foundations and Nickel Powerwound, D'Addario NYXL, Prosteels, and XL, Ernie Ball Cobalt and Slinky, Dunlop Super Bright, DR Fat Beams, and GHS Boomers.

I've tried all these for a decent amount of time, and liked them all for specific things. To begin with, I'd say get the Boomers, Fat Beams, and Foundations. Those all sound very different from one another, and might give you a good idea of what direction you want to go.

That said, if you want to go active, that East preamp is the only one I've tried, but it's pretty great.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
            Do you want pickups or a preamp? I recently got my first active bass. It has a Delano MM style humbucker, with a 2-band John East preamp.

Don't be afraid to try different strings, too. In my experience, bass strings make a much bigger difference in sound than guitar strings. Before you dig into the electronics, be sure to try out several different types of strings. I'd recommend SIT Foundations and Nickel Powerwound, D'Addario NYXL, Prosteels, and XL, Ernie Ball Cobalt and Slinky, Dunlop Super Bright, DR Fat Beams, and GHS Boomers.

I've tried all these for a decent amount of time, and liked them all for specific things. To begin with, I'd say get the Boomers, Fat Beams, and Foundations. Those all sound very different from one another, and might give you a good idea of what direction you want to go.

That said, if you want to go active, that East preamp is the only one I've tried, but it's pretty great.
            I’m going to whack some Elixir Stainless Steel Nanowebs on it as well as installed the Darkglass Tone Capsule and see how it goes, if It needs even more refinement then I’ll get nordstrand to build a custom set of rehoused Dingwall Pickups.

Guitars:

Comment

I forgot to say this before, but a German Warwick is a wonderful thing, and yours looks awesome.
              “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

^^ agreed :/

In my early teens, I had a worn-out guitar catalogue from 2001... (read it every other day, for three years) with beautiful colour images of yes, Warwick basses :o

I remember them all so shiny and cool, the Streamer, and the ... (sorry my head stands still), the one with the long upper horn. .

\m/
                If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erlend_G View Post
                  ^^ agreed :/

In my early teens, I had a worn-out guitar catalogue from 2001... (read it every other day, for three years) with beautiful colour images of yes, Warwick basses :o

I remember them all so shiny and cool, the Streamer, and the ... (sorry my head stands still), the one with the long upper horn. .

\m/
                  Streamer, Thumb and Corvette, it’s killer but I really don’t like the pickups.

Guitars:

Comment

what dont you like about them? i played a 4 string thumb for a while and really liked the pups in that but they were jazz style not soapbars like yours

Comment

Working...
                    X