Parallel Axis Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parallel Axis Appreciation Thread

Or full double cream! Haven't looked at DiMarzio's trademark, but I bet it doesn't cover non-traditional bobbins with staple-looking pole pieces instead of screws and slugs

Comment

Back in 2005 my friends band and mine were playing at a Christmas block party at someones girlfriends house. Her dad had a pink partscaster with a floyd and single PATB-2 and my buddy played it for their set. It sounded awesome and the lone experience i have with a PATB, but makes me want to get a PATB-3 for myself as i like my bridge pickups in the 10k range.
      sigpic
      Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
      Dunlop Crybaby
      MXR Custom Comp
      GFS Twin Overdrive
      Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
      Blackstar HT-DISTX
      Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

You all were right. The bridge measures 57.5 mm outside pole to outside pole, while the neck measures 54 mm.

Comment

I'd love a double cream PATB-3 with the accompanying neck!!!

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

We are truly overdue for some new PA-based designs.

In some ways, that's why it was such a shame that people poo'd all over the Fuglybuckers! The PA tech gets used so infrequently. I mean, the Crazy 8 was the first new PA design in 20 years!

Basically, anything "new" using the PA has moved into Custom Shop territory, making it inaccessible to the average player.

I think a PA Strat set and/or a PA Tele set would be cool

Comment

Maybe this was asked earlier, but has anybody ever made a hybrid with a PATB and a regular coil? There's a damaged PATB up on eBay that I'm thinking of combining with a Custom.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Comment

That could be cool. You'd effectively have a Fuglybucker variant.

Comment

Working...
                X