Pearly / Seth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearly / Seth

Can anyone compare a Pearly Gates bridge to a Seth Lover bridge?

More specifically in a strat...or does anyone have experience with a Seth in a strat that could describe its characteristics?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Re: Pearly / Seth

PGbs are brighter. Seths are warmer and "fuller sounding" IME. But the difference is not what I would call extreme.

A PGb with the onboard tone and/or volume knobs rolled down a hair or two is not a whole lot different sounding than a Seth bridge IME...and that's without even messing with the amp or other outboard e.q. controls. Not quite as easy to get a Seth bridge to sound like a PGb. Adding treble is always harder than taking it away. You need good quality outboard e.q. control to do it (but that means it can be done).

Seths and PGs make a good mix-match combo in any order. I like Seth neck and PG bridge together the most, though. The Seth bridge can get overly warm; I like my bridge pickups bright. And the PGn can get overly bright; I like my neck pickups warm. Seth neck and PGb gives you the best of both sets, IMO.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-27-2020, 04:02 PM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: Pearly / Seth

Thanks itsabass.

That's a great help.
      What type of guitar(s) have you tried them in?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X