3 pickup 3-way toggle switch bridge/middle/neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 pickup 3-way toggle switch bridge/middle/neck

So I've added a pickup to my PRS and want to change the toggle switch so that I can get:

1.Bridge
    2.Middle
    3.Neck

I know that this is possible with only one switch as I have seen it done before, and I'm even fairly certain that I've found the right switch for it (essentially a dpdt switch the size of a lp toggle), however, I was talking to my friend who used to do a bit of guitar wiring and he said that you needed to do odd wiring on the pots for it - I've currently got 2volumes & 2 tones, and was gonna change to 3 volumes and a master tone, and just have the volumes wired before going to the switch, and the master tone between the output of the switch and the jack.

can anyone see a problem with this? I haven't really been able to find anything online about this specific wiring set up - all the three pickups with a toggle switch i've found usually have something along the lines of bridge/bridge+middle/neck or bridge/middle+neck/neck, where I really just want each pickup individually - I don't have much use for the other tones

The other question I have is that if this would work, does anyone have a line on switches like this that aren't at a right angle? I'd rather not route out the back of my guitar as I don't have any guides for the router

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Custom Switchcraft Angle Toggle Switch for 3-pickup Gibson SG Guitar Ep-sg3p at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: 3 pickup 3-way toggle switch bridge/middle/neck

Try one of these guys:

Overview of Free-Way products. Free-Way 6-position Toggle switches to suit various guitar formats including pre-wired models. Free-Way 6 & 10 position Blade Switches for S-type and T-type guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by piblock View Post
      Well I'll be... learn something new everyday. It's not even my thread, but I appreciate that one.
      I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Comment

Originally posted by piblock View Post
        ah yeah i tried one of these - there was the slight problem that i could just never quite get behind them in terms of the mad variety in such a small place and kept shifting to the wrong position!

Comment

Does your PRS use a toggle or a blade switch?
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

A standard DPDT on-on-on switch will do it. Wired like this: (Add the red jumper.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	3-way_switch.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	5820761

Electroswitch® 3 Position Mini Toggle Switch For Les Paul® Style GuitarsElectroswitch® mini toggle with full size actuator. Perfect pickup selector switch for tight locations.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
              A standard DPDT on-on-on switch will do it. Wired like this: (Add the red jumper.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105210[/ATTACH]

https://www.wdmusic.com/electroswitc...s-details.html

Ah that's beautiful - exactly what i'm looking for

cheers dude!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                X