PIckups suggestions for Fender HSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIckups suggestions for Fender HSS

Hi Guys! First of being here to post my entry level questions.
    So, I got a Fender Deluxe(Made in Mexico) HHS with Alder body, maple neck and fretboard.
    And I am planning to swap the original pickups to some more powerful hotter ones.
    I am looking at the JB model for bridge and hoping to have some suggestions for middle and neck postion.
    I play this guitar mostly for pop rock, like Richie Sambora? I guess.
    Thank you!

Re: PIckups suggestions for Fender HSS

I’d try the STK-S7 in the neck and STK-S4m in the middle.

Classic noiseless Strat tone in the middle, a little hotter noiseless Strat tone in the neck. You can split them all for noiseless quack for position 2/4.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Richie has used all kinds of gear over the years, but essentially it is a high output humbucker (the JB is great) with some higher output single coils. The Antiquity Texas Hots or even the neck JB Jr would be a great choice.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you my friends!
        I will check the audio samples of these options.

Comment

If you do coil-splitting with your HSS (for position 2?) I'd check out the 59/custom hybrid. Since it has a higher output slug coil you can split to that and have pretty even volume positions 2-5, and not too overpowering in full humbucker position 1. Someone who has used 59/custom this way please chime in, I don't have first-hand experience with it

Comment

I have done this, and wrote a blog about it here.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

SSL6 - SSL6 - Full Shred.

While the SSL6's are not vintage sounding, the Full Shred. In the power dept, the Full Shred is stronger than the SSL6's. In the tone department, it balances nicely with the SSL6's. Lastly, at least to my humbucking trained ears, the Full Shred splits nicely with neck and bridge.

Why doesn't the Full Shred get more mentions on the board?

Now, I have to admit, I really hate Strats and Tele style guitars and single coils. And this set up won me over.
              That is not dead which can eternal lie,
              And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Working...
              X