banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the "best" VH1 in a box dirt box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is the "best" VH1 in a box dirt box?

Originally posted by The Dali View Post
    I have the pinnacle and it does the evh sound. I also have a $40 mosky Brown Distortion which is a copy of the pinnacle and it also sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They are both a variation on the BSIAB, as are a lot of the amp-in-a-box pedals out there.

Comment

Comment

You guys really need to work on your English capabilities....

I asked for a VH 1 DIRT box.

I didn't ask for a Flanger, nor Phaser
        I didn't ask for your live rig
        I didn't ask for archival footage
        I didn't even want the reverb...but more prevalent across the album than other other sound at least

I wanted the "best" one. So if that was 50%, so be it. I did not specify that it be within 99.999% tolerances of being indistinguishable from the original. I also even capitulated TWO pedals...just in case someone had a Reverb, or Delay Reverb, or Phase/Flange or what er. So, while that information is interesting, the only "rig" answer that is even close is Pete. Why? Because he used a Mad Professor Pedal, which is a darn tootin' great answer. I had forgot about that.

You can argue why your answer is better, but it is not what I asked, or even wanted, or anything didn't already know.
        Last edited by Aceman; 06-01-2020, 01:55 PM.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I saw a Mosky Brown...Mosky is extremely intriguing these days.

Mostly plus a Plate verb, like my Boss RV3 might be killer....

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I didn't even want the reverb...but more prevalent across the album than other other sound at least

I wanted the "best" one. So if that was 50%, so be it. I did not specify that it be within 99.999% tolerances of being indistinguishable from the original. I also even capitulated TWO pedals...just in case someone had a Reverb, or Delay Reverb, or Phase/Flange or what er. So, while that information is interesting, the only "rig" answer that is even close is Pete. Why? Because he used a Mad Professor Pedal, which is a darn tootin' great answer. I had forgot about that.

You can argue why your answer is better, but it is not what I asked, or even wanted, or anything didn't already know.
            I went, as I typically do, miles above and beyond a simplistic answer. Because of my thoroughness, experience, as well as showing as many considerations as possible, to my knowledge. I am an encyclopedia and an archivist.

In layman's terms: I'm serious about tone; I don't **** around.

Don't you have an amp that gets a similar facsimile of VH1 distortion? I posted the actual dry tone coming off of Ed's amp in the studio...

Comment

My Mesa, using;

The Tube rectifier, the spongy setting, and the Fluid gain (even though distinctly Non-Marshall inherently) is a killer "Brown sound"

However...that's a lot of knob/switch hassle. I'd like to run a Pedal or three straight into my Peavey express and play Runnin' or Eruption, or whatever....

I do not take this particular tone seriously. Ergo - I'll take it in a box, to go...
              Last edited by Aceman; 06-01-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

**** Posts question on public forum then acts shocked & appalled when public responds. Well dude why don't you try Google or youtube/ What makes you think people here are going to know WTYF you want. You're suppose to figure that out on your own.
                Van Halen tone is guitar rock 101 and the easiest thing on the planet to achieve. FWIW after a fatty & a few drinks nobody knows what you're playing anyway.

Comment

What's the best fast food burger?

"I start my burgers with 1lb 100% lean ground Sirloin. Then I add 1/2 lb of of ground round for the fat content. You'll need 1/2 teaspoon of salt. The bun is critical, be sure to get them fresh baked with Sesame Seeds. I only used home-made mayonnaise. It is an essential ingredient. You can't make a great burger or come even close in fast food."

Comment

Back on topic please.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah guys - back on topic!

VH in a box. Because you can! I'm gonna go hunt down the Mosky in vids. Obviously not a Mad Prof clone...

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                        ADA MP-1 (set to Plexi Marshally tone)
                        What settings do you prefer for that? For my own things, I usually just fine-tune those Michael Wagener settings to taste, but this is another sound that could be interesting to experiment with.

Comment

Yeah, me too!

Could you share the details?

B
                          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                            What settings do you prefer for that? For my own things, I usually just fine-tune those Michael Wagener settings to taste, but this is another sound that could be interesting to experiment with.
                            I'll have to dig in the patches (not in my memory ATM); I'll get back with that.

Also keep in mind, I use the Two Notes C.A.B. M in conjunction with the MP-1 for the power amp sim as well as speaker cab sim.

I also do a "post-EQ" with the Quadraverb (final piece of gear in chain before it hits the power amp).

Using all of these gear items, I can recreate studio VH1 tone... live.

EDIT: (obviously set to tube distortion)

OD1: 5.5
                            OD2: 5.0
                            Master Gain: 5.0
                            Bass: 6
                            Mid: 4
                            Treble: 4
                            Presence: 12
                            Last edited by LLL; 06-02-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Cool!

Thanks!

B
                              FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I saw a Mosky Brown...Mosky is extremely intriguing these days.

Mostly plus a Plate verb, like my Boss RV3 might be killer....
                                Ace, I have a Mosky Brown that is like new with box that I'm going to move on from if you you are interested. It is supposed to be a Wampler Pinnacle clone. I also have one of those if you are interested
                                -=The Dali
                                --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Working...
                                X