The JB "I call BS on everyone" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The JB "I call BS on everyone" thread

You know, I am about sick to death of "Is it a real 80's JB?" and "I want a JBJ" and the very latest "Get one wound by Seymour!"

If you want a Seymour JB because coolness, fine. If you want a JB because "MJ" fine. But I am now calling BS on THE ENTIRE WORLD!

If you send me one of each of these heralded epic JB's of awesomeness, I will put them each in a guitar, record them, put the clips up[, and let you vote in a BLIND listening and see if your dumb and deaf @$$ can REALLY choose the real 80's/Seymour/JB.

I'll get Duncan's own Mincer to come down and play-supervise etc. I'll film the freaking making of it and p[ublish the entire methodology. I'll take ultra care of your precious pups and return them to you on my own dime.

And I'll publish the actual findings. Which might show that 80% of people prefer the MJ. Or it might show that 33% like each. Or....it might show a slight preference for the current JB.

What is really awesome about this challenge, is I won't have to do it because NO ONE will take me up on it because you all know you are full of $h!t.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: The JB "I call BS on everyone" thread

I still prefer the ANT JB the best .

Comment

I will totally do this.
      And let everyone know, I can't tell the difference between 1 JB and another. They all sound the same to me.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I will totally do this.
        And let everyone know, I can't tell the difference between 1 JB and another. They all sound the same to me.
        Does that include the ANT JB or just the production models for your ears ?

Comment

Right on, Bob. I totally agree. And Dave would do a very fair and accurate job.

Just for the heck of it, also throw in a similar sounding but different pup. I'll bet some will even vote for that one as the best sounding "JB". Ha, ha.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Do it. I don't have any JBs to send, but it would be fun to watch.

Comment

But but but, The Little DDJ sticker on the back means it was wound with a little touch of extra love....

I'll send you one if you really want to do the test. What fun!

But I don't have any JB.s only DDJs
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

It’s would be cool to have an old JB/Jazz set for the history, since I’m a huge duncan fan, but I don’t think I could tell either.

This is interesting:
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nope. I could easily tell the difference blind by playing the guitar between my JBJ, Ant JB, and current stock JB. They sound very differently. I'm sure I could pick out the Trash Factor also if I had one.

Here's an idea. Why don't YOU get the pickups and spend time with them yourself... Without a distortion box on. And hear the differences yourself before making up a bunch of unfounded bs. Then you can publish your findings to your heart's content.
                  Last edited by Clint 55; 05-29-2020, 10:14 AM.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Add Antiquity to the list. Four, count's, four JB's!

I'll put them all in the SAME guitar even!!!!! (not at the same time...) Hell - I'll let you vote on the axe.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                      But but but, The Little DDJ sticker on the back means it was wound with a little touch of extra love....
                      And the fact that you can't tell the difference sonically does not mean it wasn't. <3 <3 <3

Comment

Re: The JB &quot;I call BS on everyone&quot; thread

Your idea that there's no possible way 1) pickup makers can change their product recipes between decades 2) decades of age can physically change the pickup and therefor the sound, and 3) people could actually hear the differences, is not a valid premise.
                        Last edited by Clint 55; 05-29-2020, 10:54 AM.
                        The things that you wanted
                        I bought them for you

Comment

The test probably needs a Thrash Factor as well. I’d be happy to play, but my only JB is a current production model. However, if you’re finding those hard to come by, I’ll gladly send it your way for the demo.

Comment

[emoji38] great thread.
                            I hope you do manage to pull this test off.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Comment

We'll have Dave record a loop, playing clean and dirty leads and rhythms using each of the 3-4 JB's. And then we'll make a sound clip/vid, and have people vote or submit somehow.

Again - I think they all sound the same at worst. At best, they sound different, but your preference may/may not be for what you think you like or believe is "better"

And, I can do the math on statistically significant difference if enough people play.

You will of course have to document your answers for posterity....

Comment

Working...
                              X