banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seymour Duncan SSL-4T tapped pot wiring Hss with Black Winter on Fender HM Strat HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan SSL-4T tapped pot wiring Hss with Black Winter on Fender HM Strat HELP

Hi everyone,

So I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a Fender HM Strat (Hss) and I've changed the pickups for two Seymour Duncan SSL-4T's with the middle RW/RP and a Seymour Duncan Black Winter humbucker in the bridge. I want to have the neck and middle pickup tapped separately with the volume and tone and for the second tone pot I want it to split the humbucker. The then redundant mini switch on the guitar I would love to do something like a killSwitch or out of phase or something, any ideas here are welcome. My Dad is soldering the wires as I am useless with this sort of thing but he hasn't got a clue what wire needs to go where. I have bought 3 5ook push push logarithmic pots and my Dads already soldered 2 .022uf capacitors on the tone pots. I figured with the Quarter pounds being rather dark it would brighten them up a bit. If they sound too harsh I'll change them or add resistors which keeps popping up in chats.

So to to summarize, how do I wire 2 SSL-4T's to be tapped on the volume and mid tone. How do I wire the Black Winter to be tapped on the 3rd pot (tone) and what should I do about the spare mini switch?

Thanks for any help guys I really will appreciate it. I just want to start playing the damn thing.
    Last edited by Arniet800; 05-29-2020, 08:34 AM.
Working...
X