PUP Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PUP Identification

I got this PUP in the 80's. It's been laying around. Anyone can ID it? I don't remember which one this was.
    Attached Files

Re: PUP Identification

Full Shred?

Comment

Originally posted by jimlp View Post
      Full Shred?
      I think I had that plus others so I could not tell. It looks like the modern one with the pole pieces.
      Last edited by Mspin; 05-29-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Mid to end 80ies Full Shred. The first examples were made for the Kramer Nightswan.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Originally posted by hamerfan View Post
          Mid to end 80ies Full Shred. The first examples were made for the Kramer Nightswan.
          Have the components Used to make the pup changed since then? Anyone know?

Comment

It's a Seymour Duncan BJ, obviously

Comment

Mid-'80s Full Shred, likely 1985/86. Large logo baseplate means it can't be any later than 1986/87.

Comment

Originally posted by Mspin View Post
                Have the components Used to make the pup changed since then? Anyone know?
                As manufacturing has changed, there have been changes to materials and production over the years. These aren't huge differences, but some swear they can hear them.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The magnet, coil wire, and pole pieces are likely to be slightly different than newer production pickups. Not necessarily in "spec", but the suppliers of these items have definitely changed over the years.

While the sonic difference compared to a new one might be subtle, you can rest assured that the pickup you have here will sound exactly as the Full Shred was meant to sound at its introduction.

Comment

Cool. Now I have a vintage PUP. Might bring it out of retirement lol. Thanks for everyones help.

Comment

Working...
                    X