banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joining the impulse response gang (Two Notes C.A.B. M review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Joining the impulse response gang (Two Notes C.A.B. M review)

Interesting to see the take of a guy we've heard some great miked sounds from. Thanks for the review!

At the end of the day it is true that for the person doing the playing, nothing quite compares to a real mic on a real cab. To the listener after the fact, they probably won't be able to tell the difference at all.

But the technology is at the point now where you can get pretty damn close in both sound and feel, and that's frightening and enlightening all at once. I'm still struggling to accept that the AX8 I recently bought sounds and feels as good as it does, and almost went for the new Captor X instead.

@TwilightOdyssey did you check out the Captor X at all before pulling the trigger?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
      The CAB M (not the earlier C.A.B. model with MIDI) has an XLR out for that exact purpose.
      Yup, one of the raison d’etre for the CAB M is for FoH use.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
        Interesting to see the take of a guy we've heard some great miked sounds from. Thanks for the review!
        Thanks for the kind words!

At the end of the day it is true that for the person doing the playing, nothing quite compares to a real mic on a real cab. To the listener after the fact, they probably won't be able to tell the difference at all.
        True! When I told a friend of mine what I was doing, he didn’t even know guitar amps used tubes!!

But the technology is at the point now where you can get pretty damn close in both sound and feel, and that's frightening and enlightening all at once. I'm still struggling to accept that the AX8 I recently bought sounds and feels as good as it does, and almost went for the new Captor X instead.

@TwilightOdyssey did you check out the Captor X at all before pulling the trigger?
        I did, but the two main differences - auto doubling and load - were things I don’t require.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
          Thanks for the kind words!

True! When I told a friend of mine what I was doing, he didn’t even know guitar amps used tubes!!

I did, but the two main differences - auto doubling and load - were things I don’t require.

Comment

Working...
          X