No load pot, 047/022 caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No load pot, 047/022 caps?

Hi, I want to replace tone pots for no load tone pots in one yjm fury set in another strat ultra.

Fender 250k no load pots cames with 022 capacitors but my actually fury set is wiring with 047. What capacitor I should to put, 022 o 047?

In the other hand if I replace the 250k volume pot with one 500k volume pot gain will be increased?

I got another strat with yjm fury at neck and middle and humbucker at bridge and has more gain than the strat ultra with complete single fury set...

No load pot, 047/022 caps?

If you like what the tone control sounds like turned down with the .047uF cap then stick with that. The smaller value cap will cut at a higher frequency and let more mids through. It just takes the top end off.

A larger value volume pot will load the pickups less. So they will be a little brighter, and you might get a little more output. It’s not gain. Gain is an active signal increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: No load pot, 047/022 caps?

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
      If you like what the tone control sounds like turned down with the .047uF cap then stick with that. The smaller value cap will cut at a higher frequency and let more mids through. It just takes the top end off.

A larger value volume pot will load the pickups less. So they will be a little brighter, and you might get a little more output. It’s not gain. Gain is an active signal increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks you

the change is because my actual fury set has neck pickup a little muddy in oposite with bridge pickup. The strat ultra with fury set sounds really well and pretty, only that I uses a lot neck pickguard and the tone variation is too agressive for my taste...

Maybe only one no load pot at neck pickup should be a way to solve it?...and left the bridge tone pot as is

Comment

Working...
      X