Impulse Buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impulse Buy.

Been looking for a new flavor to add to my PicoValve board. I'm running a Crayon for OD, HOF2 for Verb, and Nova Delay for the ear candy.

Initially I wanted a nice Trem pedal, or maybe a chorus, but when I started digging in 10lb SW magazine and saw the description of the MXR Univibe, I couldn't stop myself. Lol!

I usually research for days before buying anything, but that one got me on a straight up impulse buy. Should be here Wednesday or so.

Anyone using it? Thoughts? Impressions? Did I just buy yet another pedal I'll use 3 times and throw in the pedal box in the closet?
    I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Re: Impulse Buy.

Originally posted by TMD
    Impulse buys are the most bestest!
    Not for me. I always seem buy dumb stuff I don't really need.

Here's to hoping you are right.

Comment

Univibe should sound just fine for what you are going for.

Comment

I'm having and idiot moment. Where will the UniVibe go in my FX chain? My board is OD-Reverb-Delay right now, but with a catch. I'm using 2 amps and splitting stereo at the Nova delay.

My heart tells me after the OD and before the reverb. Sound right?

Comment

Definitely before delay and reverb but my preference is univibe first. It mixes better with your OD and you get a deep chewy sound that feels less like an effect. After OD sounds fine too, but it becomes a bit too clean and overbearing for my tastes.
          Last edited by GuitarStv; 06-03-2020, 10:23 AM.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

There we go. That'll work just fine.

EXH Crayon OD-> MXR Uni-Vibe-> TC Nova Delay with panned delay on both outputs for stereo-> TC HOF2 stereo in and Out-> Jet City PicoValve and a closed 2x12, and a Randall RM50 1x12 combo.

I'm using the plexi module in the Randall to match the Picovalve in volume. It actually swells and waves back and forth like I was hoping.

That's a real purdy tone. Probably too purdy for me. I feel like ol doc Frankenstein in the trousers when the monster came to life. I can't lie about that.

Comment

Working...
            X