coil tap not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coil tap not working

Hi, I have a Hss guitar and the coil tap for the neck pickup (dpdt switch on push push volume) is not working. It's not the switch because I have tried another to no avail. It's wired exactly as SD say to do so. The pickup is SSl-4T quarter pound. Any Ideas? It's wired almost identical to the middle pickup (apart from capacitor and tone links) and the middle works fine. The volume neck switch only works when pushed down and not in it's out position.

Thanks everyone.

Re: coil tap not working

Well, the wiring diagram you used and a picture of the actual work done on the guitar would sure make troubleshooting easier...

Comment

Yes, these things can really help diagnose problems like that. Otherwise we are just guessing.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I always test switches with a multimeter. There are different internal wirings.
        I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

push push switches are great but they dont seem to hold up well compared to push pull

a good clear pic will be helpful. it should be pretty simple. black to ground, one hot wire to the top and the other to the bottom contact on one side of the dpdt switch, center contact the the 5 way. do you have a multi meter?

Comment

Working...
          X