New Gibsons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gibsons

Gibson 2017 Firebird Studio T Electric Guitar - Vintage Sunburst, what does the "T" stand for?
    "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Re: New Gibsons

From the traditional series, meaning older style specs. The HP series has more modern specs.

Comment

HP is High Performance
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        HP is High Performance
        I got a facebook ad offering this guitar for $97, claiming the shop going bankrupt going out of business. Too good to be true??
        "I can't play the blues if Im sad"

Comment

Originally posted by TinPan View Post
          I got a facebook ad offering this guitar for $97, claiming the shop going bankrupt going out of business. Too good to be true??
          scam

fake

too good to be true
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Mark it as a scam. Do that enough times and you stop seeing those ads

Comment

I have seen 3 different websites for these chibsons etc.... I almost just bought one for giggles, but I can't bring myself to risk it.
              Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

"New" with Gibson should probably be used to refer to post-Henry-J-era ones, i.e. 2019 and later.

My 2019 Gibson is miles ahead of my 2018 in terms of fit and finish. The nut and fretwork are far superior, and so is the finish. They came in strong after the changeover. I'm hoping it stays that way. Haven't actually played any 2020s yet.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Does anyone know what areas were specifically addressed post-Henry? I mean, did they actually go down the line at certain points and say 'we need to change the way we do this, here"?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Only someone who works at Gibson would know the answer to that.

I only know what I've seen with my own eyes: better nuts, better frets, smoother finishes, cleaner routing in the cavities. Since these changes have been nearly universal across all 2018s vs 2019s that I have personally played in stores (and my own), I would assume these areas were specifically targeted.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Yogi Berra was correct.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                      Only someone who works at Gibson would know the answer to that.

I only know what I've seen with my own eyes: better nuts, better frets, smoother finishes, cleaner routing in the cavities. Since these changes have been nearly universal across all 2018s vs 2019s that I have personally played in stores (and my own), I would assume these areas were specifically targeted.
                      You mean their $2k guitars will actually be able to stay in tune for more than ten minutes?

The nuts have been bad for as long as I've been playing (a couple decades). It'd be great to see that change.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Gibson is weird. I just inherited an artist model F-5 mandolin that was like $10k new. My dad bought it off a friend (for significantly less), after the original one’s top collapsed. They shipped him a brand new one, and he was so put off, he sold it at a huge loss.

The first one was obviously faulty, but this one is flawless, sounds and plays like a dream. So yeah, even the 5 figure stuff can be a crapshoot.
                        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
                        X