banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aph-1 neck in ibanez as83/as93 (semi hollow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aph-1 neck in ibanez as83/as93 (semi hollow)

Hello

I bought a second hand as83 mounted with kent armstrong 57 pickups. Sounds too bright and rather harsh for my taste

I am looking for warm & round tones for blues / jazz. I play mostly clean or light crunch. I think the guitar is pretty bright in itself with full maple body and neck

Do you think an APH 1 would in neck would do the trick?

If yes what would be your recommended bridge pick up to go into rock teritorry?

Thanks !

Re: Aph-1 neck in ibanez as83/as93 (semi hollow)

A2P set should be fine. Perhaps a Whole Lotta Humbucker bridge would still match but be more rock territory. Or maybe a Slash bridge.

Comment

I run an APH1 set in my Shechter Corsair (335 style) for my 90s rock band and it works really well. My 335 has a BB1/BB3 set that is hotter and more like an APH1/APH2 set. My Les Paul has a APH2 set and is definitely hotter and brighter than the APH1. If you have a bright guitar, you might just be fine with the APH1 set.

Comment

An APH-1 set would absolutely get you there. For less mids, and more tightness in the lows, look at the 59. But both are great for classic sounds...just pick the amount of mids you want.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks all

The 59 might be too bright for my taste

What would be the difference between the aph-1N and the sh-55N ? They seem quite similar in spec

On bridge I might just go with a JB as they come rather cheap second hand. But want to invest in the neck

Comment

I think the mid content of the Seth is a little different, and the Seth is unpotted. If the Seth was in the running, and it is going in a semi-hollow, I'd absolutely choose the Seth. Especially if your style depends on dynamics, with gain range from dead clean to about a Plexi, and don't use a ton of volume standing right in front of the amp. The Seth is more '3D', and complex sounding to me.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X