Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Can Fender Strat Pickup Covers Be Installed On Duncan SSL-5 or SSL-6 pickups ?

Default Can Fender Strat Pickup Covers Be Installed On Duncan SSL-5 or SSL-6 pickups ?

I'm thinking of replacing the bridge pickup of my 57/62 set, but want to use my existing bridge pickup cover to keep the set color matched perfectly. Will this work ?

Default Re: Can Fender Strat Pickup Covers Be Installed On Duncan SSL-5 or SSL-6 pickups ?

Should work fine, based on my experience. Be aware that Duncan and Fender use opposite polarities, so you have to account for that in your wiring when mixing those brands. Duncan uses '50s Fender polarities. Fender swapped in around 1960, and has been that way since.

Duncan provides the dimensions of their pickups. But in a move I can't understand, the diagrams for six string staggered Strat style pickups do not show the pole spread or pole-to-pole spacing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Default Re: Can Fender Strat Pickup Covers Be Installed On Duncan SSL-5 or SSL-6 pickups ?

Is the SSL-5 bobbin the same height as the Fender ones?

Either way I used the a Fender covers for SSL-1 and APS-1 and they worked fine.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaBass View Post
    Should work fine, based on my experience. Be aware that Duncan and Fender use opposite polarities, so you have to account for that in your wiring when mixing those brands. Duncan uses '50s Fender polarities. Fender swapped in around 1960, and has been that way since.

Duncan provides the dimensions of their pickups. But in a move I can't understand, the diagrams for six string staggered Strat style pickups do not show the pole spread or pole-to-pole spacing.
    Thanks. I guess I'll go to GC under the guise of planning to buy one, and try it.

It did work for me. Used one pack of 3 fender covers for cs69s and a ssl-6.

All have fitted I've tried.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years