Modern oranges with FUZZ in the bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern oranges with FUZZ in the bedroom

I got a green Russian muff on the way and want a heavy thick sound and eventually want an orange amp like or15 again (I used to have one forever ago) but I understand the terror oranges don't like to be gainy and then have muff thrown on top, gets choked and splattery.

Does anyone have a orange terror of any sort, and have run a big muff with the amp set clean? Can you get it to sound good and how loud was it and what cab were you using? I remember the or15 clean being kinda thin

Or Do you think the dsl40 clean green channel would make a better muff platform? There's headroom and punch on DSL to spare at any volume I'd be using

I am not playing at loud drummer volume but louder than a TV. Do I need to worry if I'm not aiming for stage volume? Just don't want it to sound crap.

Re: Modern oranges with FUZZ in the bedroom

A muff sounds awesome into a clean amp in my opinion. The problem is though, that it almost completely disappears once you add in a kick/bass guitar and a hi-hat. This can be great if you're trying to leave all the mid range for your singer or for another guitarist to solo over. For most live use though, I need to have some way of boosting mids with the muff . . . that can come in the form of running it into an overdriven amp, using an EQ pedal before/after it, or using a middy pedal (like a tubescreamer) before or after the muff. Not super familiar with orange or15s or marshall DSLs, but my gut instinct is that you want the amp at least slightly breaking up and you want whichever one has more mids to run with the Muff.

Otherwise just crank the muff up and have fun in your bedroom . . . but know that the sounds you're hearing will probably not work live, so don't get used to the sounds. :P
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yeah mostly just plan to use it for big chords during like chorus sections of songs and like octave chord riffs

Comment

Go with the Rocker 15 Terror. Get that clean channel and the high-gain channel.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
          Go with the Rocker 15 Terror. Get that clean channel and the high-gain channel.
          I will hunt down a used specimen and see how it goes

I will be keeping my Princeton Reverb in my room to noodle

And the rocker in the garage where I can play a little louder.

Comment

Best fuzz pedal I've ever heard- is the Electro Harmonix "Octavix"-

It has a octave-up function, that can be turned on/off, or adjusted with a pot-

And can be turned up to a "blown circuit" type of splatter -

I'd own one, If i hadn't been so careless about my economy to this day .

Check it out!!
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
            X