Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
    Re: B52 AT-100 (don't laugh)

Its not the tubes its the transformers. Egnater told me the Chinese under-wound the trannies. The PT on mine was so hot you could fry your breakfast {not kidding}. I put a fan on mine too but didn't make much difference. I also put a $280 output transformer on mine, again not much difference.
    Even with all that & 12 spaces of rack gear the AT-100 was just "average" sounding.
    You'll never find me buying another amplifier made in China guaranteed.
    China does make some cool stuff ... but guitar amps aren't one of them IMO.
    Honestly if an amp sounds good and your personal experience with it has only been good....that's pretty much all that counts & where it ends for me. Why hate on your amp or take some other dudes opinions on the internet to be sacrosanct when you know better?..

I've had my Chinese Bugera 333XL Infinium for over 12 years now and the only "maintenance" I've had to do was change the output tubes once. It's never crapped out on me at at all and is still going strong/sounding as good as it did on day one

In all the time I've had it, we've had countless Marshall/Mesa/Fender etc "My amp crapped out" kinda threads on here. Everyone knows that. Does that make those bad amps?

FYI my Bugie (haha..'lil pun there) has pretty massive trannies and a lot of old Marshalls/Fenders were famous for their little dinky underpowered OT's that crapped out all day long..but they're the holy grail of tone anyway..

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Necro-post. Well i got a 2011 Bad Cat Cougar 50 watt head MIC couple months ago and its really decent.
      Only made for one year for BC. Well made. Trannies are not chinese.
      What ive learned the last 20 years about china stuff is i have to take on a case by case basis.
      Some are really nice and some are dogsh*t.
      As for the B-52 couldn't get rid of mine fast enough.
      Tons of options these days, shop around.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post

Honestly if an amp sounds good and your personal experience with it has only been good....that's pretty much all that counts & where it ends for me. Why hate on your amp or take some other dudes opinions on the internet to be sacrosanct when you know better?..

I've had my Chinese Bugera 333XL Infinium for over 12 years now and the only "maintenance" I've had to do was change the output tubes once. It's never crapped out on me at at all and is still going strong/sounding as good as it did on day one

In all the time I've had it, we've had countless Marshall/Mesa/Fender etc "My amp crapped out" kinda threads on here. Everyone knows that. Does that make those bad amps?

FYI my Bugie (haha..'lil pun there) has pretty massive trannies and a lot of old Marshalls/Fenders were famous for their little dinky underpowered OT's that crapped out all day long..but they're the holy grail of tone anyway..

One mans boogera is another mans modded Marshall. You do you bro.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

You do you bro.
          Always

Not saying I have a thing against modded Marshalls ..they have their place

My little 15W $150 Chinese "Goldea Rex 3200" head is still going strong 15 years on...a few scratchy pots but otherwise sounds awesome. Never had a moment's trouble w/ it. Again, tone for days. It's also the most solid looking/built Lunchbox I've ever seen & weighs 14kg's (for a 15W head).

It's PCB & not laid out all pretty ..but it's rock solid. Thick PCB's, well soldered. decent components, serious iron, metal knobs//switches/jacks etc..and did I mention ..TONE??

Clean & shred-o-rama:

What's not to love?

It's OEM ..so 'Goldea' is also 'Aira' & probably a lot of other things. But...The Chinese can put together a great amp if they want to..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

I looked and looked for a Goldea like yours
            I got the HK Tubemaster

Do you know if they are similar
            They look so similar

Love my HK BTW
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

There was a B52 half-stack in a jam room I frequently visited. It sounded awesome. I had no complaints about the amp and found no reason to drag my Marshall there.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                I looked and looked for a Goldea like yours
                I got the HK Tubemaster

Do you know if they are similar
                They look so similar

Love my HK BTW
                All I can say is I had a hell of a time getting mine. Ended up ordering it straight from the Factory in Tianjin, China ..along with the matching 2x10 cab. They would'nt take any form of online payment so I ended up taking a big chance & using a "buying agent", who thankfully was honest/reliable and only wanted a !0% fee (ie. $30 for both the unloaded cab & the amp). I gave her $50

The Goldea only looks like a Tubemeister, but sounds nothing like one. Dude at the factory told me it was a scaled-down, reverse-engineered Engl Savage (?). Having never played an Engl Savage I can't really confirm or deny that lol. . It's just an awesome sounding little amp & the build quality is crazy good.

Youtube

Comment

15 years later

Youtube

Comment

Man
                    no wonder i couldn't find one

Awesome amp

Im so jealous
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                      Man
                      no wonder i couldn't find one
                      The thing is these companies already have a pretty huge domestic market so they don't make it easy for you or me. I mean they were really polite and helpful right through but they did'nt really need my business as an individual I guess. Their thing is snagging the large OEM orders

I was just watching this video about a big music expo there & the dude pretty much explains it...

Awesome amp

Im so jealous
                      Thank you. It's pretty sweet! Well worth all the trouble I took getting it imo

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                        Welcome to the forum!

Pretty tight sound for tube rectified. Good sound overall.

There are some volume drops in the recording which I'm guessing are channel switching (or pickup switching?) but not having the levels set the same?
                        Right, when i chgd channels on OD the Contour was IN but turned down..Thank you for listening! EV 4X12 cab ( old 5150)

Comment

Until you get something to replace it with, play it like you stole it.
                          Swans sing the sweetest right before they die.

Comment

Working...
                          X