Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Onboard active boost circuit: GFS vs EMG

Hey all,

I am wanting to try an onboard active boost circuit, and deciding btw the GFS/Guitar Fetish offering and the EMG offering. Particularly the models that feature an on-off type of switch, so the GFS "NEOPREDPDT" which has a push-pull pot, and the EMG "PA2" which has a on-off switch.

Because the GFS one is almost half the price of the EMG one, the GFS one is the one I am leaning towards, but I wonder if the audio quality is significantly better on the EMG offering?

Note these aren't *mid* boost circuits, but clean boost circuits

So, has anyone tried either of them and can tell me about the audio quality of these products?

Thanks

EMG PA2 product page:
    The PA2 is a boost preamp you can mount to your guitar and turn on/off via on a minitoggle switch. It's the perfect solution if you want to increase your instrument's overall volume for solos or push an amp on the edge of breakup into overdrive. It has a trim pot so you can preset the amount of boost you want up to 20 dB.

GFS NEOPREDPDT product page:
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Re: Onboard active boost circuit: GFS vs EMG

ive used the pa2 on a few guitars and it does just what i expected it to do. make things louder with minimal tone coloration. i havent tried or seen the gfs in action

Comment

Working...
    X