Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez JEM and PIA

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Years ago. No JEM's are MIJ anymore. Its all Indonesian crap that has no resale value. The JEM's don't even have Vai's sig on them anymore. Pia is supposedly mij but who knows how much of it really is made somewhere else & "assembled" in Japan. I had a chance to get a nice JEM from a guy who was new to recovery & strung out on drugs. Being that ive been sober almost 20 years i chose not to take advantage of the situation for personal gain. The guitar was nice but made in Indonesia & basically worthless as you'll never get your money back when you try to sell it. Any JEM with the 5 piece walnut/maple neck its almost always 100% Indonesian. I got rid of all my shredder guitars 15 years ago. Ibanez/Jackson/Peavey Vandenbergs. There is no value in that crap.

Consider paradise found! The Ibanez Steve Vai PIA guitar is Vai and Ibanez's collaboration, and offers the highest quality design in aesthetic and sound.

And the Pia is $3500 bucks, hardly cheap. Ya played one Ibanez you've played them all.

Pia is just a JEM with gold tone hardware for an extra $2K.
    Have you ever played a Jen before or are you just pissed cause except for the big two, everything is from Asia.

To my knowledge Jem bears no Vai sig, except for the LNG which he personally signed. And they've been 5 piece maple-walnut combo just like Japanese RGs in general.

You know what, my Indonesian RGs actually have less flaws compared to the MIJ RG655. My MIJ Charvel So Cal was almost unplayable because the neck was bowed downward permanently.

And I have walked away from an RG652 cause the neck again, was suspiciously uneven. I ain't payin' a thousand for a guitar with potential neck problem. It was highly regarded model but moderately overrated.

So MIJ guitars don't mean quality any more.

The only thing that make the MIJ Ibanez feel premium are the smooth silky satin finish on the neck, and the plush hardcase.

If you're looking for the best bang for the buck, buy Korean Schecters.
    Last edited by Obsessive Compulsive; 06-10-2020, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
      The only thing that make the MIJ Ibanez feel premium are the smooth silky satin finish on the neck, and the plush hardcase.
      Not all Japanese made Ibanez guitars come with a case anymore, the Genesis series comes in a cardboard box, not even a gigbag... Cheap bastards!!
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        https://pics.me.me/ifit-is-on-the-in...n-30312354.png

Google aint going to do you any good after you drop $2.5K on a JEM only to get it home & find out 1/2 or all of it is made in Indonesia.
        And like i said i was looking to buy a JEM and searched the internet extensively. It was made in Indonesia but Ibanez was very vague & ambiguous with any info about the guitar made in the last year which seemed deceptive to me. Hence my "heads up" post here in this thread.
        Seems Ibanez being "less than forthcoming" is the way they want it.
        Seems Ibanez considers Indonesian made guitars price on point with made in Japan.
        It says where it was made on the back of the headstock. Premiums are Indonesia (they have a "P" at the end of the model number), Jrs are crap. None of the MII Premiums go for over $2k, which one did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
          Not all Japanese made Ibanez guitars come with a case anymore, the Genesis series comes in a cardboard box, not even a gigbag... Cheap bastards!!
          Yes, but the cardbox is MIJ, while the case is MIC...lol.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

To be honest, I'd rather the builders spend the price of that case on 20 minutes more of QC. People would be happier with theirgiitars. Sh!t guitar in case<<<<<better built guitar in cardboard box (esp. if it's Japanese cardboard! )

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
              To be honest, I'd rather the builders spend the price of that case on 20 minutes more of QC. People would be happier with theirgiitars. Sh!t guitar in case<<<<<better built guitar in cardboard box (esp. if it's Japanese cardboard! )
              The 550 is so tough it travels across the world in a corrugated box.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Have you ever played a Jen before or are you just pissed cause except for the big two, everything is from Asia.

To my knowledge Jem bears no Vai sig, except for the LNG which he personally signed. And they've been 5 piece maple-walnut combo just like Japanese RGs in general.

You know what, my Indonesian RGs actually have less flaws compared to the MIJ RG655. My MIJ Charvel So Cal was almost unplayable because the neck was bowed downward permanently.

And I have walked away from an RG652 cause the neck again, was suspiciously uneven. I ain't payin' a thousand for a guitar with potential neck problem. It was highly regarded model but moderately overrated.

So MIJ guitars don't mean quality any more.

If you're looking for the best bang for the buck, buy Korean Schecters.
                lol ..... not buying a Schec-turd. Absolutely worthless guitars. You seem to totally miss the point of buying/selling cheap worthless [in value] pointy guitars.
                Next someone is going to try to sell me on the virtues of Bitcoin.

But i can't really fault companies that market cheap guitars to folks like the guy above because there will always be a market for "those guys".
                Guitar Centers & Craiglists around the world are chocked full of substandard gear.
                Sucker born every minute.
                Party on Wayne.
                Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-11-2020, 05:58 AM.

Comment

The 550 is so tough it travels across the world in a corrugated box
                  Not saying that a paper box holds a better guitar, I just meant that I have nothing against a manufacturer not packing a case together with the product, as long as the money saved on not including the case gets spent on making a better product. So if I had the choice of having a 1500 USD guitar with B- fretwork but case included or the same guitar with A+ fretwork but no case, I'd choose the latter.

Comment

Working...
                  X