Ibanez JEM and PIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez JEM and PIA

Let's get back to the OP. And use the ignore function. If someone won't stop, use the 'report post' button. But let's get back to talking about the Italian grandmother-livingroom design of the PIA and JEM (I had an Italian grandmother).
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Let's get back to the OP. And use the ignore function. If someone won't stop, use the 'report post' button. But let's get back to talking about the Italian grandmother-livingroom design of the PIA and JEM (I had an Italian grandmother).
      Yes!

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Italian grandma or not, I still like the Floral Pattern a lot
        "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
          It should come with a plastic protective cover so you don't 'ruin' it.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

So true!

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
              I love the floral ones, it's the new PIA that has gone overboard tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                It should come with a plastic protective cover so you don't 'ruin' it.
                I had grand-parents that had that plastic covering on the furniture. Everyone smoked no-filter tobacco. All the plastic/the whole house was yellow. It was gross.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                  I love the floral ones, it's the new PIA that has gone overboard tacky.
                  Agreed on the PIA bro!
                  I've been an Ibanez fan since the early nineties, but since 2003 or so Ibanez has missed big time and screwing up more than once in my opinion.
                  "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                    https://reverb.com/p/epiphone-limite..._source=google

.05 second google search ..... ever try google ? Do they have google in Europe ?

Reverb is a marketplace bringing together a wide-spanning community to buy, sell, and discuss all things music gear.

Wanna know the difference between the $300 Epi & the $1500 Epi .... about $1200 bucks, thats it. You think as a consumer im making money posting here ? That im getting some kind of personal gain ?
                    Not in the least. But i can tell you this : IM TRIED OF THE BULL**** AND TIRED OF GUITAR MANUFACTURERS TRYING TO RIPP ME OFF BY DECEPTIVE MARKETING.
                    That guitar is no longer being made, the Richie Faulker V. Sorry buddy. Same for the Bonamassa. They were cheaper, a lot cheaper, when released but prices have gone up because of ...

The market. people want them because they're rare, limited. Sorry dude, you're way off mark.

And if you're tired by getting ripped off, that's because you're letting yourself to be ripped off. If you don't want to buy it, don't. Businesses aren't stupid, they price their goods according to what the market wants to pay. If you google Epiphone's now and see what's the most expensive production guitar they make now, that's not made in the USA, you get a guitar around 850-900 bucks. I did my homework, will you do that too and scream a bit less and think a bit more?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                      I can get a MIJ E-II ESP for the same price new.
                      Make it 2k+.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                        That guitar is no longer being made, the Richie Faulker V. Sorry buddy. Same for the Bonamassa. They were cheaper, a lot cheaper, when released but prices have gone up because of ...

The market. people want them because they're rare, limited. Sorry dude, you're way off mark.

And if you're tired by getting ripped off, that's because you're letting yourself to be ripped off. If you don't want to buy it, don't. Businesses aren't stupid, they price their goods according to what the market wants to pay. If you google Epiphone's now and see what's the most expensive production guitar they make now, that's not made in the USA, you get a guitar around 850-900 bucks. I did my homework, will you do that too and scream a bit less and think a bit more?
                        Not "screaming" and i don't get "ripped off." As for the JEM they sold us on the Vai "made in Japan" quality for 30+ years but now there must be 50 different JEM models with God knows what parts made where. It cheapens the brand. To be honest i wouldn't touch a JEM with a 10 foot pole having no idea what its worth or if i would ever get my money out of it. "Epiphone in the 1990's was made in Japan/then Korea/now China. I had an Chinese. Epi "Custom Shop" Dot 335. It was okay but it was still just A $400 guitar. Can't say id ever buy another. Epi "Custom Shop" is just a marketing term as those are made the same way/same place as all the other Epi China stuff. I have a MIK by Sammick Epi Chet Atkins SST, its decent Made of real Mahogany/Spruce but that was when they made better guitars. Problem is people buy @ Chinese Epi prices & try to sell for Gibson made in USA premium because they are under the delusion their Chinese guitar is some kind of quality its not. MIM Fender Strats & Tele's used to be $350 brand new all day long. My Craigslist right now has a guy trying to sell 3 of those for almost $700 each because thats what Fender is trying to sell them for now. Sorry thats never going to happen with me. Not sure which Planet he lives on. On the very same CL page is a USA made Fender Stratocaster for $650, go figure.

*** And now : back to your regularly scheduled programming.
                        Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-08-2020, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                          Not "screaming" and i don't get "ripped off." As for the JEM they sold us on the Vai "made in Japan" quality for 30+ years but now there must be 50 different JEM models with God knows what parts made where. It cheapens the brand.
                          The JEM Jr is a cheap PoS. As far as the others, some of the MII Premiums are supposed to be well made, but meh. As far as knowing which ones are which, while it's pretty obvious, weren't you the one recommending the Google Fu on the previous page.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                            The JEM Jr is a cheap PoS. As far as the others, some of the MII Premiums are supposed to be well made, but meh. As far as knowing which ones are which, while it's pretty obvious, weren't you the one recommending the Google Fu on the previous page.
                            https://pics.me.me/ifit-is-on-the-in...n-30312354.png

Google aint going to do you any good after you drop $2.5K on a JEM only to get it home & find out 1/2 or all of it is made in Indonesia.
                            And like i said i was looking to buy a JEM and searched the internet extensively. It was made in Indonesia but Ibanez was very vague & ambiguous with any info about the guitar made in the last year which seemed deceptive to me. Hence my "heads up" post here in this thread.
                            Seems Ibanez being "less than forthcoming" is the way they want it.
                            Seems Ibanez considers Indonesian made guitars price on point with made in Japan.
                            Last edited by JMP/HBE; 06-09-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Mind you, its not the geographical location that sets the price, but the actual quality. And the market, which is willing to pay up fir a made in usa or made in japan sticker.

Comment

What's wrong with Ibanez being made in Indonesia? You do realize Ibanez don't actually manufacture them, Fujigen does. Now Cort is doing it, under Ibanez's standards.

But yeah those prices are indeed ridiculous. Imagine the company's profits now with labor is cheaper.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X