Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring a H-S-H guitar w/ 2 coil split switches for inner/outer coils

Default Re: Wiring a H-S-H guitar w/ 2 coil split switches for inner/outer coils

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    *if* that is your end goal (i.e. middle pickup In Parallel *only* when the humbuckers are split, and the middle pickup In Series *only* when the 2 humbuckers are not split), then are you aware that with a 4PDT switch you could accomplish both things with a single switch action vs your current plan where you have to flip 2 switches each time? Are you interested in doing this via just 1 switch?
    I had no idea that was possible- and is probably something I might want to try in the future! But I figure, since the guitar does already have 3 switches, I can use this to play around with different configurations (split w/ series or parallel middle, humbucker w/ series or parallel middle).

I've never actually heard the middle in parallel with split humbuckers... so I'm just making an educated guess that it'll sound the way I like. I might want to try everything out before making a permanent decision.
    Last edited by ericcomposer72; 06-05-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Default Re: Wiring a H-S-H guitar w/ 2 coil split switches for inner/outer coils

Quote Originally Posted by ericcomposer72 View Post
    I had no idea that was possible- and is probably something I might want to try in the future! But I figure, since the guitar does already have 3 switches, I can use this to play around with different configurations (split w/ series or parallel middle, humbucker w/ series or parallel middle).

I've never actually heard the middle in parallel with split humbuckers... so I'm just making an educated guess that it'll sound the way I like. I might want to try everything out before making a permanent decision.
    Ok, for now, separate switches.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Good diagram Shadowfire90, but it isn't what the OP wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
    The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman335 View Post
    I've been slammed here a few times myself for not going with the crowd. I'd rather go in a different direction, and know why, then follow everyone else and not know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    Amazing stuff. Never been so excited for a pickup installation. Should be ready later this week- will report back!

Eric,

I spotted something that needed to be changed. Use this version instead.

Name:  IEXw02Q.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  87.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Good diagram Shadowfire90, but it isn't what the OP wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
    The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman335 View Post
    I've been slammed here a few times myself for not going with the crowd. I'd rather go in a different direction, and know why, then follow everyone else and not know why.