Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiring a H-S-H guitar w/ 2 coil split switches for inner/outer coils

Default Re: Wiring a H-S-H guitar w/ 2 coil split switches for inner/outer coils

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    *if* that is your end goal (i.e. middle pickup In Parallel *only* when the humbuckers are split, and the middle pickup In Series *only* when the 2 humbuckers are not split), then are you aware that with a 4PDT switch you could accomplish both things with a single switch action vs your current plan where you have to flip 2 switches each time? Are you interested in doing this via just 1 switch?
    I had no idea that was possible- and is probably something I might want to try in the future! But I figure, since the guitar does already have 3 switches, I can use this to play around with different configurations (split w/ series or parallel middle, humbucker w/ series or parallel middle).

I've never actually heard the middle in parallel with split humbuckers... so I'm just making an educated guess that it'll sound the way I like. I might want to try everything out before making a permanent decision.
    Last edited by ericcomposer72; 06-05-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Default Re: Wiring a H-S-H guitar w/ 2 coil split switches for inner/outer coils

Quote Originally Posted by ericcomposer72 View Post
    I had no idea that was possible- and is probably something I might want to try in the future! But I figure, since the guitar does already have 3 switches, I can use this to play around with different configurations (split w/ series or parallel middle, humbucker w/ series or parallel middle).

I've never actually heard the middle in parallel with split humbuckers... so I'm just making an educated guess that it'll sound the way I like. I might want to try everything out before making a permanent decision.
    Ok, for now, separate switches.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Good diagram Shadowfire90, but it isn't what the OP wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_TriPpEr View Post
    Amazing stuff. Never been so excited for a pickup installation. Should be ready later this week- will report back!

Eric,

I spotted something that needed to be changed. Use this version instead.

Name:  IEXw02Q.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  87.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    Good diagram Shadowfire90, but it isn't what the OP wants.