New Tune - Huntress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tune - Huntress

Little something that I wrote on my acoustic in harmonic minor . . .

https://soundclick.com/r/s8db90

Happy to receive comments and ideas for improvement, thanks!
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: New Tune - Huntress

How are you doing the vibrato around 0:40- with a bar? I like it. At first I thought it was too much but it really fits.

I think the whole thing is interesting. Makes me want to be more expressive and dynamic in my writing.

Only minor nit would be the drums are kind of doing their own thing and don’t always mesh (e.g., random crash cymbals)
    Last edited by DankStar; 06-03-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
      How are you doing the vibrato around 0:40- with a bar? I like it. At first I thought it was too much but it really fits.
      Yep . . . I like doing vibrato with a floyd - because you can pull up it gives a different sound than with the fingers which I've been trying to fit into spots.

I think the whole thing is interesting. Makes me want to be more expressive and dynamic in my writing.
      Thanks! Harmonic minor is fun to noodle around with. It's a sound that really clicks with me. I'm not much of a fingerstyle acoustic player, so writing that riff with the thumb slaps was a little out of my comfort zone.

Only minor nit would be the drums are kind of doing their own thing and don’t always mesh (e.g., random crash cymbals)
      Yeah, on listen back I can hear what you're talking about. There was an initial idea for what the drums should be doing, but the crashes (especially in the last third of the song) are not sitting in quite the right spots. That's really bugging me now. Argh.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Very cool! Shades of Still Loving You by the Scorpions in the chord progression. The bass guitar sound reminds me very much of old Bela Fleck.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
          Very cool! Shades of Still Loving You by the Scorpions in the chord progression. The bass guitar sound reminds me very much of old Bela Fleck.
          Thanks!

Bass was my ultra bright maple bodied J-bass straight into the preamp with the tone rolled back about half. Think I've made peace with it at this point, but if I was buying a new one I'd probably steer towards a P-Bass for my recording needs.
          Last edited by GuitarStv; 06-04-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I miss my P Bass, though I do love my Music Man a lot.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X