Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looper's...

Ultimate Tone Slacker

Default Re: Looper's...

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    I think people get stuck in the 'let me build a song from the ground up' style of looping with rhythmic loops playing backing patters with the loopist soloing over it.
    Some people are really amazing with loopers, but even those folks get fatiguing to me when they spend three minutes building loops for a song that only lasts another three or four minutes. Sometimes simple really is better.

Quote Originally Posted by chadd View Post
    Some people are really amazing with loopers, but even those folks get fatiguing to me when they spend three minutes building loops for a song that only lasts another three or four minutes. Sometimes simple really is better.
    I agree. But I don't like listening to the 'look, I am going to pick up my fiddle, and tap on my guitar for the rhythm, then pick up a bass' kind of looping. I want the loops to be transparent, in that I can't tell what is live or what is looped. David Torn and Robert Fripp are amazing at that kind of looping.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Mincer View Post
    I agree. But I don't like listening to the 'look, I am going to pick up my fiddle, and tap on my guitar for the rhythm, then pick up a bass' kind of looping. I want the loops to be transparent, in that I can't tell what is live or what is looped. David Torn and Robert Fripp are amazing at that kind of looping.
    Makes a lot of sense

What do you want the looper pedal for? For me, the main appeal is for solo practice . . . it's not something I'd use live. But for solo practice something like the digitech trio is leaps and bounds better than a simple looper.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

At the high end of the market is the Aeros. It's getting more and flexible and powerful with each release. Pricy, though. $599 ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    What do you want the looper pedal for? For me, the main appeal is for solo practice . . . it's not something I'd use live. But for solo practice something like the digitech trio is leaps and bounds better than a simple looper.
    Just for practice. I'll have to check out the digitch

Quote Originally Posted by solspirit View Post
    Just for practice. I'll have to check out the digitch

If still looking Donner makes a good cheap one $40-45 10min loops, infinite overdubs reverse and a half speed and usb plugin if you just have to "save" one......I've sold my more expensive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsb View Post
    I have the EHX 360 looper, pretty happy with that, that sits at about $107
    I have read a lot of positive reviews on the 360. Thinking of getting one too.

I've been using a Ditto X4 live lately, which allows 2 unsynced loops playing at once, and has a dedicated stop button, which is important to me. The new Ditto + has a multiply function, where you can take a 1 bar loop and play a 4 bar overdub over it. This is something my old Echoplex did 25 years ago, but it is a new concept in pedal loopers, so that is a plus.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

Ultimate Tone Member

I'm currently shopping for a looper and the Nux JTC Drum & Loop Pro looks very good for solo practice. Liking the drum fills.

Toneologist

Quote Originally Posted by donaldr View Post
    I'm currently shopping for a looper and the Nux JTC Drum & Loop Pro looks very good for solo practice. Liking the drum fills.
    I'm seriously considering that one, too. I want the drum tracks included, and it has two switches built in, and good specs. There's a couple of videos that show how it works, and it seems pretty good for the money.
    Al