Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looper's...

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Well, I play with other people, too, which is why I love using them. I think people get stuck in the 'let me build a song from the ground up' style of looping with rhythmic loops playing backing patters with the loopist soloing over it. That gets boring to me, unless I am practicing at home. I generally use 2 un-synced loops underneath what the band is playing, filling out the sound. They are constantly changing, and don't line up with the band or each other (they are non-rhythmic) providing a bed of underneath.
    For me... This sounds like a recipe of senseless wankery.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
      For me... This sounds like a recipe of senseless wankery.
      In the wrong hands, certainly. Better stick to what you know.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’m all for sensible wankery

Comment

Well, I play with other people, too, which is why I love using them. I think people get stuck in the 'let me build a song from the ground up' style of looping with rhythmic loops playing backing patters with the loopist soloing over it. That gets boring to me, unless I am practicing at home. I generally use 2 un-synced loops underneath what the band is playing, filling out the sound. They are constantly changing, and don't line up with the band or each other (they are non-rhythmic) providing a bed of underneath.
          This sounds like band "practice" on a Saturday afternoon after a few beers.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Boss RC-3
            can set the switching order however you best like it (I hate it stock so I set it like my flashback's looper)
            can run with or without beats or a chirp/click track (quantizes if beats are on, but not if off)
            can download your own beats also!
            can store 100 loops and many hours
            can use remotes to expend it's convenience (even just one non-latching for tap-tempo/kill is great)

It's not a performance-based looper but can work for that too if needed, especially with a dual remote setup.
            I'd agree with Mincer that it's more of a song builder type looper, but can easily be less than that too.

Comment

I think people get stuck in the 'let me build a song from the ground up' style of looping with rhythmic loops playing backing patters with the loopist soloing over it.
              Some people are really amazing with loopers, but even those folks get fatiguing to me when they spend three minutes building loops for a song that only lasts another three or four minutes. Sometimes simple really is better.

Comment

Originally posted by chadd View Post
                Some people are really amazing with loopers, but even those folks get fatiguing to me when they spend three minutes building loops for a song that only lasts another three or four minutes. Sometimes simple really is better.
                I agree. But I don't like listening to the 'look, I am going to pick up my fiddle, and tap on my guitar for the rhythm, then pick up a bass' kind of looping. I want the loops to be transparent, in that I can't tell what is live or what is looped. David Torn and Robert Fripp are amazing at that kind of looping.

Comment

I agree. But I don't like listening to the 'look, I am going to pick up my fiddle, and tap on my guitar for the rhythm, then pick up a bass' kind of looping. I want the loops to be transparent, in that I can't tell what is live or what is looped. David Torn and Robert Fripp are amazing at that kind of looping.
                  Makes a lot of sense

Comment

What do you want the looper pedal for? For me, the main appeal is for solo practice . . . it's not something I'd use live. But for solo practice something like the digitech trio is leaps and bounds better than a simple looper.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

At the high end of the market is the Aeros. It's getting more and flexible and powerful with each release. Pricy, though. $599 ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        What do you want the looper pedal for? For me, the main appeal is for solo practice . . . it's not something I'd use live. But for solo practice something like the digitech trio is leaps and bounds better than a simple looper.
                        Just for practice. I'll have to check out the digitch

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
                          Just for practice. I'll have to check out the digitch

If still looking Donner makes a good cheap one $40-45 10min loops, infinite overdubs reverse and a half speed and usb plugin if you just have to "save" one......I've sold my more expensive ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
                            I have the EHX 360 looper, pretty happy with that, that sits at about $107
                            I have read a lot of positive reviews on the 360. Thinking of getting one too.

Comment

I've been using a Ditto X4 live lately, which allows 2 unsynced loops playing at once, and has a dedicated stop button, which is important to me. The new Ditto + has a multiply function, where you can take a 1 bar loop and play a 4 bar overdub over it. This is something my old Echoplex did 25 years ago, but it is a new concept in pedal loopers, so that is a plus.

Comment

I'm currently shopping for a looper and the Nux JTC Drum & Loop Pro looks very good for solo practice. Liking the drum fills.

Comment

Working...
                                X