Rever pedal with a built-in boost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rever pedal with a built-in boost?

Is there any reverb pedal other than the Tech 21 Boost RVB and the JHS Spring Tank with a built-in volume boost for leads? If not, which of these two sounds better?

I'm looking for something decent-sounding below 200 dollars.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 06-04-2020, 06:01 PM.

Re: Rever pedal with a built-in boost?

You want a boost and a reverb at the same time for a solo tone? Do you already have a boost and reverb you like? If so, I think the cheapest option is to get a simple one loop bypass box from Reverb.com and put both in the loop. One stomp and they both engage.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The correct answer was Boost RVB, but you didn't like that...

So PF's solution is next best.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

You could get LS-2 to switch on reverb. It can boost, and you get ability to add any other effects you want specifically for solo/rhyhtm in loops A/B.
        "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
        Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

I have never heard anyone ooh-ahh about either, really.

But I'm certain neither is bad. Same price new pretty much.

JHS = 2 reverb sounds
          T21 = Mod/Trails/more control

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            The correct answer was Boost RVB, but you didn't like that...

So PF's solution is next best.
            It's not that I don't like it, but I was just wondering if there's anything else that does it better.

I'd love for the TC Electronic Hall of Fame to be able to boost as well, but it doesn't.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            You want a boost and a reverb at the same time for a solo tone? Do you already have a boost and reverb you like? If so, I think the cheapest option is to get a simple one loop bypass box from Reverb.com and put both in the loop. One stomp and they both engage.
            I have a boost, but not a reverb pedal. Honestly, I'd rather have a single pedal do it for convenience/price/space, but I'll look into switchers as well. Thanks, dudes!

Comment

The Tech 21 stuff is pretty awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                It's not that I don't like it, but I was just wondering if there's anything else that does it better.
                Get a three mini's

A mini loop pedal
                A mini TC
                A mini boost like a little XP or something.

They would all pack tight!

Comment

Catalinbread Topanga (spring) and Catalinbread Talisman (plate reverb) both have built-in preamps. The Talisman also has a predelay to keep the reverb from smearing the attack too much when playing into gain.

If those are too pricey for your taste, I am working with a pedal builder right now who is trying to cook one up for me if he can figure out how to program the reverb brick. If he learns how to do that I'm sure he will be happy to make one for you or anyone else who wants to buy one. He already does great drive pedals and delays for great prices, but it's his first crack at reverb.

Comment

The builder bailed so I'm back to hunting for a deal on a Talisman.

It's not quite what you asked for, but there is also the Mad Professor 1 pedal. It's a distortion pedal but has plate reverb built it, with internal trim pots to adjust reverb decay and reverb tone? There's one right now on eBay for $129 USD plus shipping.
                    Last edited by Dave Locher; 06-07-2020, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Re: Reverb pedal with a built-in boost?

This one when it comes back in stock, sounds great, but maybe slightly out of you price range:

But at $260 it also has a delay with the boost and reverb. I was just looking at this the other day and if I didn’t already have several boost pedals and a great reverb and delay pedal I can put together in a switchable loop I would track one down.

Comment

I was not aware of that one!

Comment

Working...
                        X