Tru-oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tru-oil

Anyone in Europe use tru-oil and if so where / how did you get hold of it or is there a similar alternative that is readily available?

I tried buying it directly but they won't ship it here for some reason.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 using Tapatalk

Re: Tru-oil

Originally posted by playas View Post
    Anyone in Europe use tru-oil and if so where / how did you get hold of it or is there a similar alternative that is readily available?

I tried buying it directly but they won't ship it here for some reason.

I see it on Amazon in Europe and some gun shops stock it. Buy the smallest bottle: i did an acoustic guitar and a ukelele with it and still something left. And the shelf life is terrible short: It gets thick after some months with air in the bottle.
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

And the shelf life is terrible short: It gets thick after some months with air in the bottle.
      Which is why you close the lid tightly, and then store the bottle upside down so the air is at the bottom of the bottle. I store mine upside down in a glass bottle with a lid that seals. I also date the bottle when I buy it, and toss it after a year.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Air in bottom or air in top, doesn't matter. It's usually the air bubble inside that causes it to dry, not leakage around the cap.

That said, the stock bottle and cap aren't great for long term storage; the seal falls apart on the stock lid. Wide-bouthed brown glass containers are better.

Adding marbles to take up the air space is the classic old method for photo chemicals, and it works for other things too.

If your Tru-Oil has thickened, it can be thinned again with mineral spirits. It should be thinned to apply anyhow, even when it's brand new.

If you really can't buy it in Europe, see if you can get Beretta brand Tru-Oil. It's the same stuff, just relabelled.
        Originally posted by LesStrat
        Yogi Berra was correct.
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Cool, thanks. Will try and locate some,[emoji846]

Comment

Working...
          X