Thread: Saturday Night Special | Not At All What I Expected From Demos (but stellar pickups)

Tone Member

Default Saturday Night Special | Not At All What I Expected From Demos (but stellar pickups)

I picked up a Knaggs Kenai today that has these stock. Demos like the ones I 'm going to post below had me thinking they were going to be hotter. But they're far closer to PAFs than I expected. They have a certain clarity without being too bright yet also just sound a little fuller than most PAF type pickups I've tried. It's a subtle difference, not in your face. Maybe that's to be expected? Maybe I really don't know what pickups 70's and 80's Arena Rock acts used? I just think demos really undersell how good these are for playing clean.

Tone Member

Default Re: Saturday Night Special | Not At All What I Expected From Demos (but stellar picku

It's those Alnico 4 mags...I had a pair of mini buckers with A4s and the sound is different than other magnets, a bit more aggressive in the top end when pushed. Unique sound, definitely different then your usual pickups.

OH THE DOUBLE THICK GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar

Default Re: Saturday Night Special | Not At All What I Expected From Demos (but stellar picku

They're pretty sounding pickups. The Duncan team riders can shred too!
    Turning around to the
    Next set of lies
    Wondering what will come next