Delux jazz pickguard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delux jazz pickguard

I dialed my delux jazz pickguard that I've been working on. It has a 59n with A2 spacers in the neck and my A2/A6 12k cs Phat Cat in the middle. The mini toggle is the pickup selector switch. The 4 way switch's positions are 1: 292k volume pot, 6.8nf tone cap. 2: 680k resistor to volume, 10nf cap. 3: 300k resistor, 15nf cap. 4: 100k resistor, 22nf cap. The tone is a 228k no load so with the tone on 10 I can use the 4 way switch to toggle between just volume resistances which equal, starting on position 1: 292k, 204k, 148k, and 75k.

Sounds really good! I didn't know if all this nonsense with a middle pickup and a vari-tone/vari-volume would work out or be useful but it is! The middle pickup ended up being fat enough to give a more percussive but still very suitable jazz tone. It's thinner than the neck but it's actually more compressed since it's 12k. The neck/middle position sounds very good too. 300k ended up being a perfect value for the volume. Switch position 1 with the tone on 10 is the right amount of glass, then switch position 4 is nice and smoky, with positions 2 and 3 being in between. I'm going to stick with this setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Delux jazz 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	5854543

Here's the demo. The 1st 3 clips are neck position then middle then neck middle all just with the controls wide open. After that I just use neck position to toggle between switch position 4,1,3,2 with the tone open, then on 6, then on 0. Sorry, it's a lot of g bluez, but you get the idea.

Last edited by Clint 55; 06-06-2020, 12:55 AM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: Delux jazz pickguard

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
    I dialed my delux jazz pickguard that I've been working on. It has a 59n with A2 spacers in the neck and my A5/A6 12k cs Phat Cat in the middle. The mini toggle is the selector switch. The 4 way switch's positions are 1: 292k volume pot, 6.8nf tone cap. 2: 680k resistor to volume, 10nf tone. 3: 300k resistor, 15nf cap. 4: 100k resistor, 18nf cap. The tone is a 228k no load so with the tone on 10 I can use the 4 way switch to toggle between just volume resistances which equal, starting on position 1: 292k, 204k, 148k, and 75k.

Sounds really good! I didn't know if all this nonsense with the middle pickup and a vari-tone/vari-volume would work out or be useful but it is! The middle pickup ended up being fat enough to give a more percussive but still very suitable jazz tone. It's thinner than the neck but it's actually more compressed since it's 12k. The neck/middle position sounds very good too. 300k ended up being a perfect value for the volume. Switch position 1 with the tone on 10 is the right amount of glass, then switch position 4 is nice and smoky, with positions 2 and 3 being in between. I'm going to stick with this setup.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105208[/ATTACH]

Here's the demo. The 1st 3 clips are neck position then middle then neck middle all just with the controls wide open. After that I just use neck position to toggle between switch position 4,1,3,2 with the tone open, then on 6, then on 0. Sorry, it's a lot of g bluez, but you get the idea.

Is that the guitar you almost sold a couple of months back?

Comment

Re: Delux jazz pickguard

No, that was the rock one without a neck pickup and tuned for bright. This is tuned for fat for jazz. I'm gonna keep all my stuff.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
      X