Small article on scale length from GP mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small article on scale length from GP mag

Many of us know these things by now but there are many members here just starting out and will find this useful.
    From feel to the tone of your guitar, here's everything you need to know about the impact of scale length

Re: Small article on scale length from GP mag

Admission... In 25 years of playing I never touched a short scale guitar, let alone play one. I recently got an lp and it's kind of a learning curve for me. I knew they were different but I never realized how different they were to play.

Comment

I've had a mix of 25.5 and 24.75 since I began playing, but I've always felt more "at home" on the shorter scale. I recently converted a parts-o-caster to a baritone (28-5/8), and that has been quite the learning curve. I took for granted how much more to it there would be than simply a low-tuned guitar.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

I mixed it up between Strats and Les Pauls when I was young and have always been pretty comfortable with both Gibson and Fender scale lengths. I also love the 25" PRS scale, a nice in-between feelwise.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I'd always wanted a 30" baritone, or Bass IV, tuned in A-A :/

But I've only had 25,5 and 24,75" guitars.

I like the LP scale ones best, because they let me use 011's, without the strings being too tight.

thicker tone, heavier riffs!

I was surprised though, when I heard that Mike Oldfield used 008's :o... though with alot of compressor on it...

Always liked 0,11's the best.
          If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

And!! I really wanted one of those "micro RG's" cute little guitars, 20" ? scale or something...

And tune it A-A with thin strings.

But, I can't afford much more than bread and maybe butter.

So I'll rock hard on my lil' wildkat .
            If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Working...
            X