Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang 2 and Windows 10?

Hi guys,
    So long story short, in late 2014 I made the decision to start getting back into playing for my own enjoyment after not having a guitar for nearly 20ish years.

Went out and got a Squire Classic Vibe and a brand new Mustang 2 amp. In mid 2015 I broke my neck in a fall (C5) which ended up being nearly a year of being in braces and losing feeling in parts of both arms, etc... After quite a few years of recovering to where I am today, I feel I am ready to start playing again.

Planning on getting a Gibson SG Standard as a “welcome back” kinda present to myself, lol

Anyhow here’s my question:
    The Mustang is still brand new as far as usage, and I’m about to get a new laptop to use Fuse so I can create, download presets I like. I have heard mixed reports that since the Mustang series has been phased out and there is no longer any support for Fuse, that some people have issues getting the amp to talk to the newest Windows version.

Any of you that have a Mustang running Windows 10 having any issues? If so is there a work around, without having to buy another amp?

Appreciate any input!
    “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

“If it's worth playing, it's worth playing loud!” - Mickey Hart
    ---------------
    Current Gear:
    Fender CD-60 All Mahagony
    2013 60's CV Strat
    Mustang II v.2

Re: Mustang 2 and Windows 10?

When I had a Mustang I, FUSE worked with Win 10. But you can also run it 'compatibility mode' in case there were updates that stopped it from working. I think you will be fine- I've run across no issues from other people. Happy you are back to making some music.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I downloaded the fuse software recently and it didn’t work for me. I didn’t put much time into it tho since I have a mustang 3 and editing patches is pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      -=The Dali
      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

I’m really looking forward to getting back to playing, especially with a new guitar
        “Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.” - Jerry Garcia

“If it's worth playing, it's worth playing loud!” - Mickey Hart
        ---------------
        Current Gear:
        Fender CD-60 All Mahagony
        2013 60's CV Strat
        Mustang II v.2

Comment

Working...
        X