Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2P magnet - smooth or rough?

I assume smooth?

Gonna convert a Jazz into an A2P because cheaper.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: A2P magnet - smooth or rough?

A2P use smooth. Most prefer smooth for at the neck; it's said to give slightly brighter highs.
    I've used rough in both positions with good results. IMO the difference is subtle.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
      A2P use smooth. Most prefer smooth for at the neck; it's said to give slightly brighter highs.
      I've used rough in both positions with good results. IMO the difference is subtle.
      +1 to that
      Some people even claim the difference between rough and polished magnets is neglectable or even unexisting, but that's a different discussion
      "You can buy muscles (steroïds), but you can't buy "cojones". (quoted: Bas Rutten)

Comment

Originally posted by The JEM Ghost View Post
        +1 to that
        Some people even claim the difference between rough and polished magnets is neglectable or even unexisting, but that's a different discussion
        I don’t hear a difference as long as they have the same charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I always go roughcast every time, every context, that's just me.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I haven't experimented with magnet swaps in Jazz and A2Pro pickups but I've done a lot of magnet swapping in Duncan 59's.

Roughcast A2 gives 59's a tone that's warmer, rounder and more complex. Slightly squishier feel but digging in with my pick creates a slight compression that then blooms immediately.

Polished A2 gives 59's a tone that's similar to RCA2 but slightly steelier and cleaner. Less complex and less squishy.

Me? I'd go roughcast A2 in both the bridge and neck.
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
            X