Combo amp suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Combo amp suggestions.

Be sure to keep your eye on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist and the like. People give away bass gear for pennies on the dollar. My two bass amps (Fender Rumble 60 and Rumble 15) cost me less than $100 combined, and are perfect for home use. I leave the 15 upstairs, and the 60 in my music room. Neither would do for a jam, but for less than you'd spend on a cheap overdrive, I love them both.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
      Be sure to keep your eye on Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist and the like. People give away bass gear for pennies on the dollar. My two bass amps (Fender Rumble 60 and Rumble 15) cost me less than $100 combined, and are perfect for home use. I leave the 15 upstairs, and the 60 in my music room. Neither would do for a jam, but for less than you'd spend on a cheap overdrive, I love them both.

With a brand new bass and amp I think I'm good for now on buying anything else. Of course, that could change at a moments notice! Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
        With a brand new bass and amp I think I'm good for now on buying anything else.
        Pouaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

Comment

In my experience Yorkville is the best sounding bass gear for the money during the 90s and 00s.

You can get a YB200 1x15 for 150 bucks or less -and they sound incredible

Since the 00s, I'm not sure -because I own an SVT and Sunn 300T and all kinds of gear nobody wants to push and load in a car. However, I'd trust anything by Tech21.

Click image for larger version

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	5820846
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by donaldr View Post
            Pouaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!

Yeah..........I know.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              In my experience Yorkville is the best sounding bass gear for the money during the 90s and 00s.

You can get a YB200 1x15 for 150 bucks or less -and they sound incredible

Since the 00s, I'm not sure -because I own an SVT and Sunn 300T and all kinds of gear nobody wants to push and load in a car. However, I'd trust anything by Tech21.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105370[/ATTACH]

That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer84 View Post
                That's a name I haven't heard in a very long time.
                They made incredible stuff for the money -They no longer make bass gear -only PA stuff.

But damn their stuff was excellent.
                “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

See if you can find one of these used. Loud, great EQ, and has a DI output for recording or going to a PA. They go for around $150 - $250 depending on condition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	482902000000000-00-1600x1600.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	5820856
                  Last edited by guitfiddle; 06-18-2020, 12:33 PM.
                  - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                  Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                  The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post
                    See if you can find one of these used. Loud, great EQ, and has a DI output for recording or going to a PA. They go for around $150 - $250 depending on condition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105382[/ATTACH]

That's a nice looking amp. But, I think I'll be happy with the VT Bass 200. Originally, I was only going to get the pedal (VTDI). I seen this amp and it was the obvious choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by guitfiddle View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]105382[/ATTACH]
                      Yeah, I like these a lot too -they were damn expensive LA stuff back in the day.

Comment

I've only had the amp for a couple of days and I haven't had the chance to crank it up. I have plugged some headphones in and it sounds really good! I've only used the factory suggested settings so far and I like most of them. The build on this amp is excellent. The only thing that I would have suggested is to put the power switch on the top of the amp instead of the back. That's not a complaint, by any means. Overall, I like the amp so far.

Comment

I got the chance to fire up the amp at a friend's studio the other day. This little combo is amazing! It's lightweight. All buttons and knobs were solid. The build quality is very nice. Tolex is laid out very well. No bumps or lumps or mismatched corners. The grill and piping is superb. It's just a very nice looking amp! It's loud for the wattage that it puts out (140 watts, I believe) on it's own. You have to get the extension cab in order to utilize the 200 watts, as listed. Hmmmm.......?
                          We broke out on the track "Young Lust" by Pink Floyd. It has a great bass line to it and I figured it would be a good track to test the amp with. The sound was very clear and clean. I used the "SVT Style" setting and was blown away by the tone. The only change I made to this particular setting was punch the "BITE" switch in and out. A totally different tone altogether. Which was really good, to my ears, anyway. Then I pushed the volume just short of 3/4's of the way with the drive straight up. There was no break up. It was just clean and clear. Pushed the drive about 75% of the way and started to get some breakup. Nothing flubby or undesirable. I still have a lot to learn about bass amps but I believe that buying this particular amp I have given myself a great platform to start educating myself. I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions and help. I greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                          X