Hybrid 59 in single coil format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hybrid 59 in single coil format?

Hi. Is there some humbucker in single coil format like the custom hybrid 59?

Re: Hybrid 59 in single coil format?

Originally posted by vidalsh View Post
    Hmm, thinking of the construction, something like a lil 59 and hot rails hybrid could be interesting. Probably too hard to DIY, but Im guessing without looking at the construction in detail. Maybe a dimarzio rails pickup that uses dual resonance - though that is not as significant a mismatch at the 59/custom.

Comment

Not directly, but it would be interesting. I bet the Custom Shop could build it. I'd buy one.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Not directly, but it would be interesting. I bet the Custom Shop could build it. I'd buy one.
        Yes, should be more interesting to get somethink like it by seymour duncan. Custom hybrid 59 is for me the best humbucker ever, and I´ve tried a lot of humbuckers before, for my own taste obviouly.

Custom shop seems to be too overpriced but maybe.

Comment

Yes, should be more interesting to get somethink like it by seymour duncan. Custom hybrid 59 is for me the best humbucker ever, and I´ve tried a lot of humbuckers before, for my own taste obviouly.

Custom shop seems to be too overpriced but maybe.
          Well, you are getting a one-off pickup that is exactly how you want it. I think it is pretty reasonable.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Would mismatched coils make a big difference in the small window format?
            At this point my head shall explode from all the various possibilities...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
              Would mismatched coils make a big difference in the small window format?
              They'd have to be mismatched differently to produce a similar coupling effect...
              Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

A single-coil size '59/Custom hybrid...now that's an interesting concept!

Comment

Working...
                X