Guitar Cabinet Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Cabinet Output

I just got a new amp head and 212 cabinet as my first real amplifier, (H&K GM40 w/ TM212) and I noticed that the cabinet has not only an input, but also an output. I was wondering what the use for this output is; my first guess would be as a way to connect to an audio interface, but I'm not really sure.

If anyone could chime in, I'd really appreciate it!

Re: Guitar Cabinet Output

It's a parallel output for adding an additional cabinet.
    Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

It’s a parallel jack to connect another cabinet. You’ll still need to do the math for total load on the amp. Either if you don’t have multiple outputs on the amp, etc. (If this is an 8 ohm cab and you connect another 8 ohm cab, you end up with a 4 ohm total load).
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
        It's a parallel output for adding an additional cabinet.
        Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        It’s a parallel jack to connect another cabinet. You’ll still need to do the math for total load on the amp. Either if you don’t have multiple outputs on the amp, etc. (If this is an 8 ohm cab and you connect another 8 ohm cab, you end up with a 4 ohm total load).
        Thanks guys, much appreciated!

Comment

I'm glad you didn't test your guess. That would have caused some really interesting problems.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
            I'm glad you didn't test your guess. That would have caused some really interesting problems.
            The OP would've had a chance to find out what the magic smoke smells like.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

awww
              he had a 50-50 chance of being right
              EHD
              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
              X