Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1987x

Hi all,

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to this amp as well as David Bray for modding it for me. In case anyone is on the fence about having him mod one of your amps, man, don't hesitate. Great guy, and the end product sounds amazing. This is "Mod I" on his website with the volume dial added to the 2nd speaker port on the back. It sounds a little different through my usb interface, a little more broken up. It sounds more like the clips on his website through my speaker cab.

I am by no means a good player, been playing about a year and a half, but even I can tell it sounds ridiculous. I left all the settings exactly as he shipped it to me which was basically everything dimed. I recorded ATBL sorry about the mistakes and stuff, but I think the tone from the amp sounds great. Was dimed into a boss waza tube expander and then into my computer via usb. Below are some pics of the amp and pedalboard too.

Big Van Halen fan, not the best player, been goin about 1.5 years.1987x dimed, flanger, phaser, and echoplex.

20200605_154146

20200611_103537

20200611_103440
    Last edited by chillytouch; 06-11-2020, 09:54 AM.

Re: Marshall 1987x

Sounds great, and so do you for only playing a year and a half, I was nowhere near that when I had been playing for that short a time, great job!

Comment

Nice chops. Great tone. I can't believe you've been playing for such a short time. You would blow me away. Good job.

Comment

Need amp pic! I mean, it sounds great and everything....but pics!!!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Need amp pic! I mean, it sounds great and everything....but pics!!!
          thanks guys, and thanks for the compliments. it's very motivating and makes me want to practice more. My only goal in the guitar world that i've had since I was a kid as cliche as it sounds, is just to jam van halen songs haha, guess i'm a dud. I added some pics of the amp and my pedalboard.
          Last edited by chillytouch; 06-11-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

That is a sweet rig!

If there was anything I would say about your playing, it's that your fingers are still a little wild, again, you are doing phenomenal for only 1.5 years, but from watching the video, to take the next step in your technique, find some exercises like 1, 2, 3, 4 across and up/down the neck and concentrate on making minimal movements with your fingers (but also don't hold fingers down, meaning release with the 1 finger when the 2 finger goes down, etc...). The goal is to train them to stay as close as possible to the fingerboard so when they are needed, they are already where they need to be and just need to be pressed down, not flying off 3" from where they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
              That is a sweet rig!

If there was anything I would say about your playing, it's that your fingers are still a little wild, again, you are doing phenomenal for only 1.5 years, but from watching the video, to take the next step in your technique, find some exercises like 1, 2, 3, 4 across and up/down the neck and concentrate on making minimal movements with your fingers (but also don't hold fingers down, meaning release with the 1 finger when the 2 finger goes down, etc...). The goal is to train them to stay as close as possible to the fingerboard so when they are needed, they are already where they need to be and just need to be pressed down, not flying off 3" from where they should be.
              Thanks, and yes I will work on this. I definitely notice that too. There are some faster licks I want to play and I know I could do it if I could get better control of my darn fingers haha.

Comment

Check these out - https://www.guitarhabits.com/the-eig...for-dexterity/

Comment

If you can't play it with that - the problem is NOT the gear. We'll be expecting a note-for cover of VH1 from you by the end of the year!
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                  X