Any place to discuss mics here ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any place to discuss mics here ?

I am building my home studio , and I'd like to know , is that Microphone Shure SM 27 lc (Condenser Microphone) worth the price ?

Re: Any place to discuss mics here ?

Originally posted by zegonzales View Post
    I am building my home studio , and I'd like to know , is that Microphone Shure SM 27 lc (Condenser Microphone) worth the price ?

Shure does not make a bad mic. -they only make a handful of go to mics and they are all priced right.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Tips & Clips is the best place, I reckon.

What are you looking to do with this mic? Have you any prior recording experience? If you are just recording electric guitar, there are options which may be easier to get quicker results than an LDC, particularly if your room has issues. When it comes to mic’ing instruments and performers, the room is equally important as everything else.

It’s a massive subject with a lot of science — and art — to it.

Good luck on your recording journey, be sure to share the results with us!
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
        Tips & Clips is the best place, I reckon.

What are you looking to do with this mic? Have you any prior recording experience? If you are just recording electric guitar, there are options which may be easier to get quicker results than an LDC, particularly if your room has issues. When it comes to mic’ing instruments and performers, the room is equally important as everything else.

It’s a massive subject with a lot of science — and art — to it.

Good luck on your recording journey, be sure to share the results with us!

What's with Condenser Microphones ? I do have one , and I am thinking about purchasing this Shure and maybe an AKG C214 , which I think it's pretty great ..

Comment

I use two large diaphragm condensers for recording live multiple instruments.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zegonzales View Post
            What's with Condenser Microphones ? I do have one , and I am thinking about purchasing this Shure and maybe an AKG C214 , which I think it's pretty great ..
            Condenser microphones are typically more sensitive than their dynamic counterparts which leads to them picking up more room sound. In a room that's not acoustically treated, it can reveal a lot of unflattering characteristics in addition to things like ceiling fan blades, a/c suddenly switching on, traffic outside, etc.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

They tend to work well for overhead drum mikes, unamplified acoustic instruments and vocals. Probably not the first choice for close micing a speaker cab.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't like the C214. You can buy mine (full package with spider and case). I would spend the same money on other mics.

Condenser mics probably shouldn't be an electric guitarist's first and only mics. What are you gonna use the new mic for?

Comment

I use dynamics for almost everything, but I would like to get a good condenser for vocals. I'm probably heading for a Roswell mini for that though.

Comment

Working...
                  X