banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing my Tube/SS/hybrid amp Tone Capture profiles..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing my Tube/SS/hybrid amp Tone Capture profiles..

Did a couple more tone cap's with my Mooer GE300 yesterday that turned out great ...my AMT Stonehead's Lead 2 channel & one each of my Randall T2HL's normal & boost lead channel's.

Thought I'd compare them with the profile I just made with my little 15W Goldea (all-tube) head for kicks

No post EQ, filtering or processing..

Goldea Rex 3200 (15 W al tube head) @ 0:00
    AMT Stonehead (50 W solid state head) @ 0:45
    Randall T2HL (100 W hybrid head) - Lead 1 Channel @ 1:39
    Randall T2HL - Lead 2 (Boost) channel @ 2:21
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: Comparing my Tube/SS/hybrid amp Tone Capture profiles..

Very interesting. I liked the Randall the best, it sat in the mix the best of the three. The leads could have been louder overall so they would be easier to hear, and I would have put a shelf on the backing track at about 6.5kHz so it wasn't taking up all of the high freqs, but I think if you raised the leads 3dB they would be a lot easier to hear. Great job, though!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Glad you liked it....I think the Randall did sound best. It was right in the pocket mix-wise. The Goldea & to a lesser extent the AMT probably need some hi-pass filtering...but I wanted to use them as they were captured in my 'tone cap' profiles without any editing so...

Regrding the mix...here's another one I just did. I panned the backing track a little wider & also slightly filtered out the excess cymbals/raised the solo levels a bit...not sure if it's any better though (ithe old mix already sounded pretty balanced/clear on my monitors...maybe mine make solo's pop out a bit more or something lol.. )

Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 06-15-2020, 09:47 AM.

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Well here's another little clip I did with the amp that I built last year.. (Tube bufferd preamp/SS "Class D" power amp)

It's a pretty disttinctive sounding amp & the Mooer Tone Capture was spot on as usual ... amazing how well it works. It totally picks up on every aspect of the amp right down to the way it feels...in this case really fat and spongy/juicy...another sweet Tone Cap profile added to the stable

Youtube

Comment

Working...
        X