Incoming PURPLE QUILT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming PURPLE QUILT!!

Carvin DC 127 Purple Quilt hardtail. Have a Zebra Perpetual Burn / floor custom Sentient set that will go in it when she gets here. Will sell the AE 185 to pay for her in the end just love these DC Carvin Kiesels and was looking to build a Purple Quilt DC 127 later this year. This one showed up on Reverb today and was a steal for what it is!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple DC 127 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	5854600
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-15-2020, 06:07 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: Incoming PURPLE QUILT!!

That's a pretty sweet quilt.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Oh - just a Carvin....

Just kidding. Sweet ride. Played couple over the years. They get poo-poo'd for no good reason. Never met an actual Carvin, or person who played/owned them where there was a problem...
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Oh - just a Carvin....

Just kidding. Sweet ride. Played couple over the years. They get poo-poo'd for no good reason. Never met an actual Carvin, or person who played/owned them where there was a problem...
          It’s funny, if that top and dye was on a Les Paul Custom, it’d be stickered at $7,999 or more. I always wanted to try that Allen Holdsworth one, and I have no idea why.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
            Oh - just a Carvin....

Thanks for that been playing Carvin Kiesel guitars since the late 1980's. Company is older than Fender and has never been sold out of the original family since 1946 USA built and still in many circles they get little to no respect.
            Last edited by Ascension; 06-15-2020, 03:43 PM.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Wow! Gorgeous guitar!

Used Carvins are some of the best deals out there IMO

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                It’s funny, if that top and dye was on a Les Paul Custom, it’d be stickered at $7,999 or more. I always wanted to try that Allen Holdsworth one, and I have no idea why.
                I liked both Holdsworth models, the one with the headstock and the one without. If it were 22 frets, I'd own one. Playing like Allan is another thing entirely.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That's hawt. Congrats!
                  Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Very pretty.
                    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Tracking shows it should arrive on Thursday will post photos when I get it all sorted out like I want it. Pickups are Dimarzio D Activators and likely will go first thing. Have a Zebra Perpetual Burn Trembucker and a Zebra floor custom Sentient that likely will find a new home in this one.
                      Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                        Wow! Gorgeous guitar!

Used Carvins are some of the best deals out there IMO
                        Agreed that quilt with Stainless frets and the hardtail I desperately needed under $800 was a no brainer. Was looking at a very similar new Kiesel build in Purple quilt and it was coming in around $2400 so---. Hard to find a really nice Carvin/Kiesel under a grand anymore. Caught that one as soon as it listed talked to the owner on a couple specs then grabbed it.
                        Here was the listing https://reverb.com/item/34175052-car...rple-quilt-top
                        Last edited by Ascension; 06-16-2020, 09:31 AM.
                        Guitars

Comment

That's quite a find, really! Decked out with the all the essentials, top-quality woods, and gorgeous to boot!

I really like the inlays, by the way!

Comment

Nice find. Quilt top is beautiful, been gas'ing for a purple guitar for some time.
                            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
                            Jackson Soloist 7 string
                            ESP LTD M-400
                            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
                              That's quite a find, really! Decked out with the all the essentials, top-quality woods, and gorgeous to boot!

I really like the inlays, by the way!
                              Yep I got lucky as was on Reverb when it listed and hit the guy right off and started talking to him on her. Has the standard neck profile with maple neck ebony board Stainless frets the Sig Abalone inlays and logo Alder sides and the Quilt headstock and top. Would be $2000 or so on a new build. Got a real steal on that one IMO! Have wanted a Purple Quilt DC 127 Hardtail for a while now and was not going to let that one go!
                              Guitars

Comment

Working...
                              X