Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Incoming PURPLE QUILT!!

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    You would actually consider desecrating that gorgeous guitar with zebras?
    I like the look of zebras with this color and had Zebras in my old Purple Flame DC 400. Also happen to have a set on hand that are Zebras Perpetual Burn and a matching floor custom Sentient. Looking at the specs thought I would hate these super hot Deactivators but shockingly don't, so will run them live and then make the call. Still likely it will get the PB/Sentient set though.
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-20-2020, 07:31 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      It’s funny, if that top and dye was on a Les Paul Custom, it’d be stickered at $7,999 or more. I always wanted to try that Allen Holdsworth one, and I have no idea why.
      Played a Hallan Aldsworth (burp)...Allan Holdsworth!! one! When i was studying jazz for 10 years ago.

It was a chambered body guitar, sounded good,

didn't notice anything very special about it, it was just a good sounding, great playing guitar.

If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Swapped the pickups in her today and really tweaked it in. What a BEAST this one is! GREAT playing fantastic sounding guitar now!! Pickups are a Perpetual Burn in the bridge and a Sentient in the neck. Had ordered this set for my DC 400 but wound up using the PB in the bridge of my DC 135 Kiesel. Decided to go to a Hybrid there and then used this set in the purple DC 127. What a difference they made from that Dimarzio Deactivator set that the guitar came with!! Like the look of zebra buckers with this color a LOT also.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	purple quilt dc 127  2j.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	5820900

Name:	purple quilt dc 127 4.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	5820901

Name:	purple quilt dc 127 3.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	5820902
        Last edited by Ascension; 06-23-2020, 02:34 PM.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
          Swapped the pickups in her today and really tweaked it in. What a BEAST this one is! GREAT playing fantastic sounding guitar now!! Pickups are a Perpetual Burn in the bridge and a Sentient in the neck. Had ordered this set for my DC 400 but wound up using the PB in the bridge of my DC 135 Kiesel. Decided to go to a Hybrid there and then used this set in the purple DC 127. What a difference they made from that Dimarzio Deactivator set that the guitar came with!! Like the look of zebra buckers with this color a LOT also.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]105463[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]105464[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]105465[/ATTACH]
          LOVE those zebras!!!

And of course I want those SoundCloud clips. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
            LOVE those zebras!!!

And of course I want those SoundCloud clips. Lol
            Finally got a good live clip to post from this morning with the PB/ Sentient set in train wreck ( don't normally name um but this guitar was delayed because it was in a train derailment so--) through my PRS MT 15 head.
            Guitars

Comment

Man, that looks so cool!

Comment

great top! i like the zebra look too. whats the third mini switch on the koa?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  great top! i like the zebra look too. whats the third mini switch on the koa?
                  3rd switch on the KOA DC 127 was a phase it's now disconnected. Really don't care for a phase if you cant individually control the pickup volume on 2 humbuckers to control the amount of phase so never used it.
                  Guitars

Comment

Working...
                  X