Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Incoming PURPLE QUILT!!

Originally posted by Metalman_666 View Post
    Lol, I've seen "your delivery has been delayed" or various other corrections required or attempts made etc.

Never even heard of any company bluntly saying a train derailment. I feel bad but I did actually laugh out loud.

Really sweet looking score dude, I love a nice quilt and that looks very 3D in the pics. Is that just a basic vintage Strat bridge or do I see some Ghost saddles to go with the mini toggles?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
    Yep freaked me out when i saw that pop up also! That is the standard hartail Carvin used since the early 1990's have a 93 DC 127 in KOA with the same bridge. Switches are splits.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1993 DC127 KOA.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	5820862
    Last edited by Ascension; 06-18-2020, 09:27 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

She arrived a few ago. Box was a little battered but not bad guitar was intact and is very nice. In typical Carvin fashion it shipped half way across the country went through a train wreck and came out of the case in tune. That's why I love these guitars!! Will restring it and do a full set up and clean up then get some photos but it's STUNNING!!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

On the table getting some TLC. This thing is really nice!!

Name:	Purple DC 127 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	5820864

Name:	Purple DC 127 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	5820865
        Guitars

Comment

Glad it was undamaged!!

Comment

Yeah, that's cool

I dig it!

Glad it made it safely

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
              Yeah, that's cool

I dig it!

Glad it made it safely
              Thanks! Plays and sounds as good as it looks so am quite happy right now!
              Guitars

Comment

Good thing it didn't have train tracks on it!
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Once you get the PB/Sentient installed I’d LOVE to hear a short recording of you jamming around a bit on it.
                  If you have a free minute or two, of course!!

The soundcloud(?) clips you posted a few months ago of the MT15 I think it was, were great.

Comment

Looks killer. Congrats!
                    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Good thing it didn't have train tracks on it!
                      Seller bomb proofed this thing thankfully. Box took a little of a beating but the case and guitar arrived intact. Great seller to deal with thankfully we communicated and were going to work together if something was wrong. Also a shout out to UPS for the way they handled this as they were straight up on what happened and the driver who delivered it let me open the box before i signed for it great job on their end!
                      Like I said in spite of it all the guitar came out of the box in TUNE typical Carvin/Kiesel and is why I LOVE these guitars and have played them almost exclusively since the late 80's!
                      Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                        Once you get the PB/Sentient installed I’d LOVE to hear a short recording of you jamming around a bit on it.
                        If you have a free minute or two, of course!!

The soundcloud(?) clips you posted a few months ago of the MT15 I think it was, were great.
                        Jury is still out on the Dimarzio Deactivators in the guitar. Had planned to swap the Pickups as soon as I got the guitar but this set has surprised me at how good they sounds in this particular guitar. Strung it and set it up with the Dimarzios still in it for now and will play it out over the weekend want to see how they feel in a full band live setting.
                        PS on the little MT 15 still absolutely love the little amp.
                        This was a camera mic clip with it live doing a recording for a live stream a few weeks ago.

And another with the little amp live no effects here other than a little verb in the loop as the amp doesn't have verb on board this is with a PB in the Bridge of my 2017 Kiesel DC BTW..
                        Guitars

Comment

Sounds great in the Holy Water clip.
                          It really cleans up nicely. And not harsh at all. Quite warm actually.

Comment

Cool! Congrats. I hope it sounds as good as it looks.

B
                            FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

You would actually consider desecrating that gorgeous guitar with zebras?
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo View Post
                                Cool! Congrats. I hope it sounds as good as it looks.

B
                                Thanks and yes it sounds /plays every bit as good as it looks this one is a definite keeper!
                                Guitars

Comment

Working...
                                X