Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard to audio interface/usb solutions

Hi all,

I’m wondering if any of you have come into contact with a piece of hardware or software that is intended to take the signal from your pedal board? Should I just use my interface? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Pedalboard to audio interface/usb solutions

For recording? Just use your interface.

Personally I find it easier to just use plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidRavenMoon View Post
      For recording? Just use your interface.

Personally I find it easier to just use plugins.

Problem is...I can’t find plugins that do what a significant amount of my pedalboard does. As far as I know there won’t be a dwarfcraft plug-in any time soon, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsatke81 View Post
        Problem is...I can’t find plugins that do what a significant amount of my pedalboard does. As far as I know there won’t be a dwarfcraft plug-in any time soon, ha.

I use Logic Pro X. It has a full pedal board full of plugins.. Fuzzface, RAT, Whammy, etc. the amp plugins are very good too.

I’d use my pedalboard but it lives at our rehearsal space along with my amp.

Comment

Orange OMEC Teleport.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Hi all,

I’m wondering if any of you have come into contact with a piece of hardware or software that is intended to take the signal from your pedal board? Should I just use my interface? Thanks!

Hi there, are you going to be using an amp sim? Pedals direct tend to sound rather plinky and two dimensional.
            What is your end goal? Recording, or just jamming?
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
              Hi there, are you going to be using an amp sim? Pedals direct tend to sound rather plinky and two dimensional.
              What is your end goal? Recording, or just jamming?
              I want to record with my pedals direct. It would be easiest to go in to helix or guitar rig but wanted to see if anyone had advice.

Several pedals I have...there aren’t any models that come close. It would be cool to incorporate the sounds on recordings.

Comment

I want to record with my pedals direct. It would be easiest to go in to helix or guitar rig but wanted to see if anyone had advice.

Several pedals I have...there aren’t any models that come close. It would be cool to incorporate the sounds on recordings.

There’s no reason why you can’t. I’ve done it with amp sim plugins and real pedals.

Back in the 80s I recorded through pedals into a Tascam Porta One 4-track cassette deck. There were no amp sims and it was easier than mic’ing up an amp.

Then I got a Korg Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  Orange OMEC Teleport.
                  This.

It was purpose-built for what OP is asking for.
                  --------------------------------------------------------
                  1973 Aria 551
                  1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                  1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                  1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                  1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                  1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                  2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                    Orange OMEC Teleport.

I'll look into one of these as well, looks like a nice solution to mic'd cabs, when others want to sleep
                    Not a huge fan of plug-ins (I spent good money on those pedals, close enough...well just isn't)

Comment

I think the OMEC is designed to be a compact interface; the OP already has an interface.

There are DI boxes with a Redbox-type speaker sim built in for around $35; you can use one of those between your pedalboard and interface.
                      This is Moen's. Effect your music with MOEN. Simple effective and fast direct link to power up your electric guitar direct to board with amp cab simulator built in! Versatile, effective and very affordable (and they look great too!).

A much better box along similar lines is the Neunaber Iconoclast; it sounds great and is tweakable using its own controls or more extensively via computer.
                      Home of Quilter Amplifiers and Neunaber effects. World's best digital effects and analog solid state guitar amplification.

Or run the board straight into your interface and use IR plugins in the computer for speaker simulation.
                      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Not the OP, but helpful stuff Thanks

That Moen looks more like what I'd actually get use out of (and in my price range )

Comment

Any audio interface like Behringer or Focusrite will do. On your PC you may need an Impulse Response loader pulgin and the actual CAB IR files, there are many out there for free. I think the NadIR from IGNITE includes some free CAB IR already.
                          Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by dzdandcunfsd View Post
                            Not the OP, but helpful stuff Thanks

That Moen looks more like what I'd actually get use out of (and in my price range )
                            Yah, to have a speaker-compensated XLR out on your pedalboard for less than $35 seems pretty attractive.
                            And just about tailor-made for the OP, who already has an interface.

There is a similar unit which has tone controls and also simulates power amp breakup, the DSM Noisemaker Omnicabsim. Available in a mini version or a larger one with better tone shaping capability. But of course they're more expensive than the Moen.
                            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

If you want to use your pedalboard, I would recommend a Nux NSS-5. It's an IR cab sim WITH an IR power amp sim. You can use both or each one individually.

Comment

Working...
                              X