banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joyo overdrive pedals. About to buy one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyo overdrive pedals. About to buy one...

My favourite internet store in Norway, stocks 4 different Joyo overdrive pedals.

Each one is "said" to be a copy of a famous american design;
    and there is youtube clips to give an example of the sound.

I already have a Joyo "Nascar" analog delay, that I really like; it was cheap and sounds superb. (Though the first few repeats sound really "distorted"... especially with a very clean tone).

So- I think a Joyo overdrive is what I'm going to get.

Unless someone has something to say about them, that will keep me from it!! :o

The idea is to use my clean channel as "crunch channel", when i step on the OD pedal.

thanks,
    -Erlend
    If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Re: Joyo overdrive pedals. About to buy one...

Which one are you looking at?

I like the Ultimate Drive as it sounds very similar to the OCD, and the Vintage overdrive is a pretty spot on TS.

What crunch and gain structure are you looking for, and which 4 pedals do they have? We may be able to figure out the best match for you and your Blackstar.
    Last edited by Bronze Buzzard; 06-18-2020, 09:57 AM.
    I think I took a wrong turn in Albuquerque...

Comment

I just discovered their product range, and I haven't had time yet to listen to all the sound clips.

Preferably something that brings me into "crunch territory" at most, or just "liven up" my clean tone;
      and I'd like it to have a sonic character that's different to my Blackstar (HT-20mkII).

I'll check it out and report back!

-Erl
      If somethings important- send a PM. I might be offline for long periods. Rock on!!!

Comment

Vintage Overdrive
        Zip Amp
        Tauren
        Taichi Overdrive
        Maximum Overdrive

and the "American Sound".

Would love to be able to find different sounds, just not a "one trick pony"-

the OD channel of my amp does everything High Gain that I want and need

thanks.

Comment

Almost sounds like you want one like the Ultimate Drive, but I don't see it in your list. I have Bugera G5 thing that is a clone of the HT5. I'm familiar with its gain structure.

Let me look those up and real quick, and maybe I can help.

Comment

I'm definitely diggin' the Zip Amp already, but may be redundant with the Blackstar drive channel.
            The Tauren at certain settings sounds VH'ish to me, and might work well as a lower gain drive for the clean.

So far, the Taichi seems like the best fit as a clean boost or low gain OD for the Blackstar. That's just my opinion.

Ok, forget everything I just said. That Maximum OD just blew me away. It reminds me of another dual pedal like that, but I can't place it.

Those all sound different, but if you want a 3 trick pony that doesn't step on your drive channel on the Blackstar, that Max OD would be a great option. Hell, I want one now. Thanks for the GAS! Lol!

Comment

i've owned 3 joyos overdrives, the hot plexi, the us dream, and the ultimate drive. the hot plexi was cool but the knobs basically did nothing so i got rid of it. The US Dream and Ultimate Drive, however, are incredible both in sound and value. I don't know what they cost in Norway but for me they are no brainers.
              Quality riffs in about a minute...
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

I will be using the OD pedal on the clean channel only;
                the Blackstar's OD channel brings me every high gain tone I'd like.

But no low gain/ mid gain tones... If so, I have to balance the gain pot between 11% and 12%, and still not get good results... :o

Yeah, I got GAS aswell, along with a completely broken economy. I have to be happy with what I got, and not dream of things I can't afford.

Cheers!
                -Erl

Comment

As said, I'll check out the sound clips for one and every pedal;

sorry I didn't do this beforehand!!

But soon, I think I'll have painted a picture of how those pedals sound
                  thanks.

Comment

You might be interested in this pedal.

R-15 PREAMP HOUSE

A video shows you how R-15 sounds with different knob setting

Showcasing the tones of the Preamp House. This vid is in an amp this time. The cab sim is shut off. More vids are coming soon!Joyo Amazon - https://amzn.to/2...

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
                    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronze Buzzard View Post

I like the Ultimate Drive as it sounds very similar to the OCD,
                      it is exactly an OCD. At least one particular iteration. The circuit board is exactly the same.

I have an Ultimate Drive and did a few mods, like removing the GE diode and replacing it with a jumper. The original OCD didn’t have it. Later versions did.

It’s much smoother sounding with symmetrical clipping.

I also changed the gain control so I can get cleaner tones.

It’s a great little pedal. I paid $20 for it. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reportedly the Joyo Crunch Distortion is a clone of the M Audio Crunch Box.
                        Blue Rain is a Bluesbreaker pedal; nice for mid-gain type stuff.
                        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I have a Maximum Overdrive, Vox head, blackstar 2x12 cab........I really like it, especially with its pricetag, really hard to beat.

Made my little cheap mosky redundant

Comment

I'd mail you my brand new joyo ultimate drive for $25 shipped if you're interested shoot me a message.
                            Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
                              I'd mail you my brand new joyo ultimate drive for $25 shipped if you're interested shoot me a message.
                              He'll do it too just watch

It's a great pedal
                              Love mine

Erl
                              Give this some thought
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X