Shirley someone here bought a POD Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shirley someone here bought a POD Go

C’mon, there’s enough members & gearhounds on here, I know someone’s bought one of these already.

Let’s hear your review.

Re: Shirley someone here bought a POD Go

Doh! Didn’t sees me that. The reviews threw me off.

Comment

Sounds like it is a baby Helix. I have the HX Effects, which is a wonderful pedal. I am less sold on the Helix amp models, though.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I did not. And don't call me Shirley.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Shirley you ain't serious

Comment

I got one from guitar center, 15% off plus some rewards points I had. Waited a few weeks. I’ve had it a few weeks now and got 2 headrush frfr108’s and an alto ts312 to completely replace my amps live.

I have hit the dsp wall a few times stacking reverbs on chorus and such. Some of the sounds are really good, especially the drives. The clean amps are ok, better with reverb or delay but not fender amazing. They need to sort a few things like custom naming buttons when several parameters are selected per switch and snapshots naming

There are 256 presets useable in 2 banks then 4 snapshots available per preset I think. The snapshots allow 64 parameters to change instantly.

I wish you could select different amps for snapshots and that you could use a mixed stomp and snapshot modes, even if it means adding a 2 button switch.

a lot of the heavy amps sound ok clean and with the gain up and some of the stompbox drive models are pretty good and can be stacked on top of amp models.

Custom ir’s can be loaded too and there’s a ton out there, I got a bunch and need to sort through them.

So far it’s a nice pedal with some good effects and some great drives. Yeah it sounds a bit digital at times, but in a band mix I can’t tell. I can bring the pod go and one speaker to replace a whole cab/rack and heads worth of gear. I can preprogram a whole set of 50 songs in a few minutes from my laptop. I may go all in on a helix lt or native in the future and keep the go as a backup.

Comment

Interesting. Thank you for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarrme View Post
                I got one from guitar center, 15% off plus some rewards points I had. Waited a few weeks. I’ve had it a few weeks now and got 2 headrush frfr108’s and an alto ts312 to completely replace my amps live.

I have hit the dsp wall a few times stacking reverbs on chorus and such. Some of the sounds are really good, especially the drives. The clean amps are ok, better with reverb or delay but not fender amazing. They need to sort a few things like custom naming buttons when several parameters are selected per switch and snapshots naming

There are 256 presets useable in 2 banks then 4 snapshots available per preset I think. The snapshots allow 64 parameters to change instantly.

I wish you could select different amps for snapshots and that you could use a mixed stomp and snapshot modes, even if it means adding a 2 button switch.

a lot of the heavy amps sound ok clean and with the gain up and some of the stompbox drive models are pretty good and can be stacked on top of amp models.

Custom ir’s can be loaded too and there’s a ton out there, I got a bunch and need to sort through them.

So far it’s a nice pedal with some good effects and some great drives. Yeah it sounds a bit digital at times, but in a band mix I can’t tell. I can bring the pod go and one speaker to replace a whole cab/rack and heads worth of gear. I can preprogram a whole set of 50 songs in a few minutes from my laptop. I may go all in on a helix lt or native in the future and keep the go as a backup.
                This is really the first review I've read, so I appreciate it. I use an HX Effects, and really like it, but the full Helix amp models I've tried on a friend's Helix...well, I like those less. They sound ok, but still feel a little weird.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X